Closed Thread

Reload Thread: too many choices + no knowledge = help needed!!

Clifff150 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

too many choices + no knowledge = help needed!!

Hey guys. I just purchased an 09 f150 and need a speaker upgrade. I will be amping them. First is first, should I get 2 sets for front and rear or just the front? I like audioques line up so I was looking at there comps because I want an audioque sub setup. But I've looked at cdt, pg, and plenty of others. My price range is 300-350 for amp and speakers. Thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it and really need it

JoshC is offline The Taco MASTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: too many choices + no knowledge = help needed!!

You should go all AQ just cuz you can. If you call em up and tell them you wanna do ure stuff all AQ they might give u a deal

Save your money and buy both high and low amps at the same time, along with subs and comps.

Also just get some good comps and tweets up front and ull be set. Rear speakers are just for fill especially in a single cab(i drive one to )

Pioneer DEH-P9400BH-CDT HD61s-Kenwood&AQ-Obsidian 12
    Doors covered inside and out in AT 60mill

Sold to: akheathen, audiobaun----Traded with: Mylows10-------Bought from: fasfocus00, Ram_Designs, Mylows10, power-fanatic07, Argento

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)

i like the cdt 's ,as you know not all company's make the best of everything ,my amps are the same but subs and components are different.ii can get you some nice cdt comps in that price range too

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The cdts I was looking at are at woofersetc. They are the 60a version so they are an old model. The audioque comps are the ts-6.5. I can't find much of anything on them though. So would y'all recommend 1 set or 2?

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

If you have the funds???Id run 2 sets in each door, and not even worry /bother with the rear fill in a single cab, if an x-cab as I have, in the rear fill, I run a set of 6.5 components, at a lower setting.I like the surround affect given, but if you can afford it, Id run 2 sets in ea door.I have a 3 way component set,and an extra tweet and about to add another mid

duanebro is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    If you have the funds???Id run 2 sets in each door, and not even worry /bother with the rear fill in a single cab, if an x-cab as I have, in the rear fill, I run a set of 6.5 components, at a lower setting.I like the surround affect given, but if you can afford it, Id run 2 sets in ea door.I have a 3 way component set,and an extra tweet and about to add another mid
    Why? and doesn't that extra tweeter mess up your fr? If your tweeters can't keep up you need better ones, not more.

OP: I'd go with something I'd heard before. Most of the lower end sets I've seen in stores didn't sound very good. Just use one good set , deaden and seal your doors.

HU - Pioneer
    Front Stage - Old school MB Quartz run off a JL e2150
    Rear Stage - Stock - well one works, LOL
    Sub - Tang Band 740C in between the front seats
    Sub Amp - A tiny Kenwood. - because it fits under the seat.
    Total Spent on everything $50.

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by duanebro View Post
    Why? and doesn't that extra tweeter mess up your fr? If your tweeters can't keep up you need better ones, not more.

OP: I'd go with something I'd heard before. Most of the lower end sets I've seen in stores didn't sound very good. Just use one good set , deaden and seal your doors.
    UHHH no it does not mess up my fr..I have 100 watt each rms tweets Infinity, and they still barely keep up .A Tweet in the door panel is what I have, and a tweet in the upper pillars.Sounds pretty good.You want to go loud, and have the funds to do it...why not put 2 sets of components in each door??????Run 2ohms Stereo??Just about everyone wants to go loud, and if you have those funds to do so...I wouldnt hesitate my brother.Thats my opinion

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)

CL 62 PRO look at these

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    CL 62 PRO look at these
    Very nice..Very nice

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The cdt 62 pros are out of my price range. Right now I'm looking at getting one set fir the front. Looking at the image dynamics ctx65cs. Looks pretty solid and I've been wanting to try their products for a while. What amp would y'all suggest to power 1 comp set wanting around 100 ems each side?

Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I think you are trying to do way too much and are overcomplicating things.

Get 1 (one) componet set up front that will fit.
    Get 1 (one) two channel amp.

If you like audioque, go with them. They are a reputable brand (well back when I posted).

JBL GTO series makes a decent amp in your price range. Maybe Alpine Type R componets. There....everything done under your budget.

Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing

I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipx99 View Post
    I think you are trying to do way too much and are overcomplicating things.

Get 1 (one) componet set up front that will fit.
    Get 1 (one) two channel amp.

If you like audioque, go with them. They are a reputable brand (well back when I posted).

JBL GTO series makes a decent amp in your price range. Maybe Alpine Type R componets. There....everything done under your budget.
    Second this.

No need to get 2 sets of components up front - just complicates the install and soundstage. Lots of good components out there for reasonable prices.

REF's
    Quote Originally Posted by cotjones View Post
    to answer someones question earlier.... after 194dBs your car no longer puts out sound, it puts out earthquakes

Current Setup:
    Nakamichi CD-300, Coustic XM-3, Clarion EQS746, Coustic 510-DR, RE RE 6.5" Comps, Powerbass XA-900D, TCON Custom Subwoofer, Ported 1.5 to 30Hz

Future Setup:
    In the works again

WTB: Best Joke - Thread

Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Concentrate hard on getting the install done right. Good baffle, sealed/deadened doors, good wiring and I think you will be happy.

If you wanted to plan with an upgrade, you could get a 4 channel amp and bridge to run the front componets and when you save up enough you could buy some coaxials for the rear all powered by a four channel amp. Some "enthusiasts" will say that this draws the soundstage to the rear and makes it sound terrible, etc. I happen to like it better if there is a small volume coming from the rear.

Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing

I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

Closed Thread