Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Polk MM651 vs ID CTX65CS..... sorry

fb111a1 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Polk MM651 vs ID CTX65CS..... sorry

I am currently running the MM651 in my maxima with a CDA-105 head unit and Soundstream RUB5.800 amp and a DIY fiberglassed JL sub in the trunk. It's sounds pretty amazing.
    The thing is it's Xmas and I'm OCD and can't seem to stop tweaking my stereo. I am considering buying a KDC-X995 (because of the time alignment option) and moving the Polks to the rear and replacing them with the ID comps.

Will this be a big improvement?

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Re: Polk MM651 vs ID CTX65CS..... sorry

upgrading the HU to one with t/a will probably make a nice difference but as far as the comps, doubt it'll be worth it, not to mention adding those rear speakers will screw up your staging unless properly processed. Just keep playing with the install of the Polks (aiming, EQ, try active xovers, seals and deadening, etc) if you wanna do some tweaking for better sound.

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Add a preamp eq(paramatric) if you like tweaking.Some cheaper versions can be had for as little as $30 shipped, and the top grades up to $300.But worth the money if you like to tweak though.Just my opinion

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The rear speakers are fine. The simplest form of processing is simply to attenuate them. Another one that's easy to implement is attenuated, band-passed, and time delayed rear fill. Use the head unit to time delay their signal between 20-30ms, and attenuate them. To take it a little further, bandpass them between 300-3000Hz. The stereo may have the high pass option for around 250-300Hz. The low pass at 2000-3000Hz can be accomplished by inserting an appropriate inductor inline for a 6dB low pass filter. The low pass filter attenuates the high frequencies to interfere less with the front stage. The time delay creates the effect of sound reflecting off the rear walls in a larger room.

Closed Thread