Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

Budget 6.5 Components.

Looking to run components. Need to stay around $100(i know cheap), I was thinking alpine type-g but havent heard much about them. Want around 70-100rms per side.

Alpine 9885
    American Bass 150.1
    2 15" AQ HDC3

BnGRacing is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Re: Budget 6.5 Components.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAJeepThing View Post
    Want around 70-100rms per side.
    What difference does that make? The power ratings printed on boxes have nothing to do with how they sound or how they will perform. (really)

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Bump your budget a little.. why spend so little on the most important speaker in your car.

Morel Maximo 6 .. this is just a little over your budget, excellent reviews from several publications and forum members.

Massive Audio CK6 V $169 at sonicelectronix.. here are the passive components to throw 100-150watt RMS at them and get a decent SQ.. one of the best midbasses available on the market among car audio and DIY drivers.

Hybrid Audio Imagine .. $250 for a set. Easily bi-ampable. The SQ is great, specially in bi-amp mode if you take your time to tune them. In active mode, the mid will take about 100-120 watt RMS in stride. This is what I have. Totally worth it if you take time to bi-amp and tune them. Having bi-amped and time aligned tweeters and woofers (as opposed to onlh left-right channel that's possible with passive components), I can't imagine going back to passives, even if someone was swapping for passives that cost 2x more.

Another set a lot of people like is Image Dynamic CTX components. I don't know anything. Price is around $160 online.

Alpine.. I haven't heard anything great about cheap Alpine speakers. They're just speakers.. I think Type-R is the only "decent for the money" speaker in their line up, with the Type-S often described as tinny sounding and Type-X expensive for what you get.

Weeks ago Morels were available for about $120 online. If the price hasn't changed, on tight budget the Morels are probably the best value on this list IMO.

keep_hope_alive is online now Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1157 Post(s)

i agree with everything Zako said.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

dontbeaprix is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

love my morels!

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
    *stock audio for now*

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2341 Post(s)

Massive VK's are even cheaper also what about Crescendo or IA comps?

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

dumple is offline What's in your trunk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

pg rsd!

Pioneer Appradio 3
    JBL ms8, JBL MS-A5001
    PHD Studio neo 6.5s, PHD fb 1.1b
    Cdt m6+
    TC Sounds Epic 10
    cream jean of sound 8======D~
    refs: Lil_KB, jesusbasscadill, Crzy, Wkbdkid, bigwheel15, groggy23, kenbei, Belunt (awesomebox), Nissan, shallowfu, jonnybusa, alxmlr789, pioneerpimp, peas247, ravens9322, sundownz, audiobahnuser18, [email][email protected], jared530, brenTgrillzem, Revrider1

Wattser93 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Bump your budget a little.. why spend so little on the most important speaker in your car.

Morel Maximo 6 .. this is just a little over your budget, excellent reviews from several publications and forum members.

Massive Audio CK6 V $169 at sonicelectronix.. here are the passive components to throw 100-150watt RMS at them and get a decent SQ.. one of the best midbasses available on the market among car audio and DIY drivers.

Hybrid Audio Imagine .. $250 for a set. Easily bi-ampable. The SQ is great, specially in bi-amp mode if you take your time to tune them. In active mode, the mid will take about 100-120 watt RMS in stride. This is what I have. Totally worth it if you take time to bi-amp and tune them. Having bi-amped and time aligned tweeters and woofers (as opposed to onlh left-right channel that's possible with passive components), I can't imagine going back to passives, even if someone was swapping for passives that cost 2x more.

Another set a lot of people like is Image Dynamic CTX components. I don't know anything. Price is around $160 online.

Alpine.. I haven't heard anything great about cheap Alpine speakers. They're just speakers.. I think Type-R is the only "decent for the money" speaker in their line up, with the Type-S often described as tinny sounding and Type-X expensive for what you get.

Weeks ago Morels were available for about $120 online. If the price hasn't changed, on tight budget the Morels are probably the best value on this list IMO.
    Good recommendations.

I'd second the Morels. Don't rule out the Polk DXi6500. Best Buy ran them at $150 last weekend and they're a pretty good set. Tweet is bright though if that's what you like. If an authorized dealer installs them, you get a 3 year warranty.

I looked at the CK6, but was leery about the tweet. I didn't want to install them and find the tweeter to be a disappointment, so I decided to buy something I could hear in person.

I prefer a smooth tweet, and overall natural tonal balance, and ended up going with the Helix E62C Esprit. I don't know where you can find them though, nobody carries them online here in the US, and the only info on them is mostly in German and Russian. I'm assuming they don't allow their dealers to sell online or something. They're a division of Brax from what I've read.

'01 Denali
    HU: KDC-X693
    Mids: Helix E62C comps on Arc Audio FD2200
    Substage: 12" Alpine Type-R in 2.5@32Hz on Alpine MRP-M350

globalminds_ent is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    396 Post(s)

selenium 6" $35 selenium super tweet $25

CADENCE SOUND is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

ZRS6k Set $120 shipped. 1 set left.

specs can be found here..
    Cadence Acoustics ZRS Series ZRS-6K, 6.5" Two-Way 300 Watt Speaker Component Kit

Ridinhi is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    Massive VK's are even cheaper also what about Crescendo or IA comps?
    Crescendos are great for the dollar. Decent tweets with great vocals that get loud.. But they do lack midbass. Midbass is ok at low volume but once you increase volume well, you can figure the rest. Had a set on 100watts per side. still using the xovers and tweets from the set but replaced the mids with some Silver Flutes! BIG improvement. The Flutes produce as much midbass as my CDT hd-62's.

Closed Thread

User Tag List