Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Dont know what to do to amp my rear deck speakers, new to audio, need a little assist

aives245 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dont know what to do to amp my rear deck speakers, new to audio, need a little assist

So i have two kicker KS693 6x9's in my rear deck, and when i turn the volume up moderatly loud the mids and treble starts to distort pretty badly, so i was thinking that powering with an amp would possibly help that right?..but regardless i want to get an amp anyways cuz i want to get some new 6.5 for my doors and power all 4 speakers in my car.. any opinions?

Each speaker has a max of 300 watts, and peak rms of 100, if that means anything..but it shouldnt distort if its only being powered by a head unit shouldnt it?

>>SQL<< is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Dont know what to do to amp my rear deck speakers, new to audio, need a little as

most headunits (all cheaper ones) have very small underpowered amps inside of them and distort badly when turned up loud.
    A decent 4 channel amp like a MB Quart would help much.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Dont know what to do to amp my rear deck speakers, new to audio, need a little as

what wattage amp would you suggest to power just the rear deck speakers too there full potential

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Whats the RMS on them? However without getting into that you shouldnt be concentrating on your rear deck anyway but more your frontstage... Those Kickers arent really worth power anyway IMO

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The RMS peak handling is 100, max watts is 300

Fore the 6x9's

Closed Thread