Closed Thread

Reload Thread: will adding tweeters to my system make it worse?

jsluss17 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

will adding tweeters to my system make it worse?

i would run it off the headunit i have. i'm already running 4 speakers off my pioneer deh 4200ub headunit and this guy wants to trade me tweeters plus cash for my sub. so i was thinking i could just add on the tweeters to make it sound better. would this make it actually sound worse? because of the less power going to the speakers? or would it make it sound better?

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Re: will adding tweeters to my system make it worse?

depends on what youre running now?....what frequency the tweeters will be crossed?....where they will be placed?.....what kind of tweeters are they?......how your system is equalized right now?......do your tweeters already blend well enough?.....spiderman or batman?.....

jsluss17 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    depends on what youre running now?....what frequency the tweeters will be crossed?....where they will be placed?.....what kind of tweeters are they?......how your system is equalized right now?......do your tweeters already blend well enough?.....spiderman or batman?.....
    i have no tweeters in my car right now. probably around 3k i needa get crossovers though. not sure yet ill find a place though. rockford fosgate primes. not sure probably not too good. dont have tweeters. batman all the way

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

so right now you're just running mids? not even coaxials...in that case, tweeters will do you well. i dont have any experience with those tweets in specific but depending on what sub youre trading it could be an ok deal and if u have no tweeters now then i think it'll help regardless. as far as placements. try different places and see which you like best before choosing a perfect location. and correct, batman is 100000x better than spiderman

Closed Thread