Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need some suggestions on a set of components

B_A_M_ is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need some suggestions on a set of components

Hello everyone,

I'm having difficulty deciding on a set of components. Everytime I am about to make a decision, I start looking at other products. Here is the best description of what I have and want from the system:

I own a 2004 BMW 330CI with Harman Kardon stereo system. I do not want to keep any of the Harman Kardon equipment in the vehicle. I am currently considering the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X995 as my HU. This mainly because of simplicity of the look and I-Pod controls. I have a MB Quart Q4.150 for my components and a Q1.1500D for my sub. I have not made a decision on the subwoofer, but that will be another post. I plan on installing 6 1/2" components in custom door baffles. I am open to flush mounting the tweeter in another location, besides where the factory tweeter is located. I listen to a wide range of music. Some of the artists I listen to are Pantera, Chevelle, All American Rejects, Bush, Rolling Stones, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Fleetwood Mac, Cranberries, Secondhand Serenade, and Guns N Roses. The best way to classify me is I don't listen to Country, Jazz, and Gospel. I am looking for SQ, but I want to be able to play it loud. I'm big on vocals, guitar riffs, and tight drum beats. My budget for the components is $300-$400. I plan on running passive for now. I've looked at the MB Quart QS216, Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1, Boston Pro60SE, and Rainbow Germanium CS265.25. I apologize for the lengthy thread, but I want to be as accurate as possible. Plus, I love my car and want a stereo to match.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need some suggestions on a set of components

If going active will get some suggestions going, I would be open to other recommendations. I've also looked at some Scan Speak, Seas, Peerless, Silver Flute, Hi-Vi, and Morel components as well. I am not set on running one brand. Only limit is the budget for the speakers $300-$400.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need some suggestions on a set of components

After looking for several weeks, I've finally decided on a set of Image Dynamics XS-65. I haven't seen any negative reviews. The specs looked good. I paid $250, so it was below my budget. Once I order my head unit, I'll post to the build thread.

Closed Thread