Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Thoughts on front speakers for a Bronco build

mikelaubach is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thoughts on front speakers for a Bronco build

Yeah, not many Broncos here, I know. Truck door, 6.5" opening, prefer components/separates. The depth is 4" max, and they will see 100W RMS at 4Ohms.

I heard some Focal sets and though they are awesome, at $700 and $500, that is outside any range I can justify. I'm also having a hard time finding nice speakers that can handle 100W RMS too! I currently am running Infiniti coaxials off the deck (Eclipse 5444) that sound nice, but they only handle 60W, and I don't want to blow them up.

Don't really have a budget number, but "realistic" is a good value to use.

I listen to the whole gambit when it comes to music. Mostly stuff with a hard bass beat though: rap, hip-hop, and techno-style. Also like it a bit loud.

There will be a sub being driven by about 800W: Dayton Audio RSS315HO-44 12" Reference HO DVC Subwoofer. I really wanted an SSA ICON, but alas, the world stiiiiilllll waits. DCON won't handle the power, and the XCON is more than I want to spend. So this is good for now, we'll see what happens. Rear fill will likely be my old set of A/D/S 5 1/4" components fitted to a mount in the stock location. They handle 100W RMS max, so I'll just tune down on the rears.

Found these ID CTX65's: WoofersEtc.com - CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System Any thoughts on these?

Any thoughts on something better in the "less than $200-250 tops" range?

Thanks all. Ordering more parts tomorrow to include wire so I can get some of this together.

dontbeaprix is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Thoughts on front speakers for a Bronco build

Read my post about 6.5 componets. The new alpine type-r and type-x are both very nice and in your price range. Sonic electronics has more current models than woofers ect, and really good customer service.

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
    *stock audio for now*

mikelaubach is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see that post, thanks. How do they compare to the Boston Acoustic sr60 (albeit only 80W) that you mention?

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Morel maximo are 150shipped on Amazon, focal 165vb are about 300 on eBay and other places. Boston's are always a nice choice. Did you check the classifieds here?

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

dontbeaprix is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thats a hard choice that I am personally trying to make myself. Im going back the the audio store to hear them both side by side again . The tweets on the type-r are smooth and the midbass is incredible for such a shallow woofer, because of the neo magnet. The boston acoustic has a little bit brighter tweeter that I think is more detailed sounding than the type-r , and the midbass is almost as good as the type-r but not quite. But the type -r have a swivel tweet so you can aim it at you wich might help it out. I suggest you go listen for yourself if possible and see what you think.

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
    *stock audio for now*

Closed Thread