Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Image Dynamics CTX65 Coaxials

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Image Dynamics CTX65 Coaxials

I finally got these installed after deadening my doors. They're being run off a Pioneer DEH-P4000UB, and they're not amped. EQ is 0, 0, -2, because the highs seemed to still be too harsh for me. I've turned the volume up until I couldn't handle it anymore, and got no audible distortion whatsoever. They're loud enough, they're clear enough, and I think I'm in love. If these sound as great as they do at $100, I really can't wait to try something like the HAT Imagines.

I haven't listened to anything with a good amount of midbass yet, but I plan to. Right now the crossover's set at 63Hz, but depending on how they perform, I might change it to 80.

Comparing these to Hertz and Focal, the highs would be even more harsh, correct? What would you recommend I do for the rear fill? I'm thinking about redoing my rear deck, and making some sort of enclosure for whatever woofers I end up using. Should I go ID CTX again, or should I try something else? I planned on getting 6.5s, or possibly 5.25s, if space ends up being a bit of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway

Brian_smith06 is offline I got a pan, I got a plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Image Dynamics CTX65 Coaxials

I don't think you'll notice a difference in sound between the imagines and the ctx coax. At least not justifiable enough to spend the money. Also get those speakers off of headunit power. That's when they'll come alive

2004 Cavalier ls sport
    H/U: Alpine W200 w/H701 processor
    Mid/Highs: 2 pairs ID x65 and full body ultra horns
    Mid/High amp: 3 ID 700.2
    Sub:2x12" IDMax
    Sub amp: ID 1200.1
    ref: massiveaudiocw, SplChoice, Th3pWn3r, duece212, XaznKewLguyX, connersdad19, alex5857, 5.3bowtie, smiley2186, cf2004, Tibor, Zeuslicious, IT Hertz, 310w6,dbeez, thehardknoxlife, matthewo, pokey_159, LaserRed38, jerseyboy, Abc123Abc, James Bang

MisterDeadeye is offline Bannned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I know, I know. I had them sitting for almost a month while I was looking for an amp, but money just got real tight, and I finally made my MDF rings, so I just decided to install them as is for a while. Also, I had a stock 7 speaker system, and when the aftermarket head unit was installed, the tweeters and dash speaker stopped working. I had midwoofers in the front doors only, and they eventually blew. I had been driving around with blown speakers for a while.

I want to eventually go 3-way active with a 6 channel, but that's going to be a long ways away.

people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Move this to the back and get an amp and good components in the front... And no hertz aren't all that harsh but focal is a little bit...

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterDeadeye View Post
    I know, I know. I had them sitting for almost a month while I was looking for an amp, but money just got real tight, and I finally made my MDF rings, so I just decided to install them as is for a while. Also, I had a stock 7 speaker system, and when the aftermarket head unit was installed, the tweeters and dash speaker stopped working. I had midwoofers in the front doors only, and they eventually blew. I had been driving around with blown speakers for a while.

I want to eventually go 3-way active with a 6 channel, but that's going to be a long ways away.
    I would love to run a 3 way set up! I'm waiting until I get a new car though. Plus I need 2 more amps. I need an id q700.2 per midbass. One on the midrange and one on tweeters. Oh and a 1200 per sub. I only have 4 of the amps. Plus I need a 4 way active capable deck. I'm leaning towards pioneer P01 or P99 but time will tell? Also I need to get an rsx for this as well. That is a good sq car.

2004 Cavalier ls sport
    ref: massiveaudiocw, SplChoice, Th3pWn3r, duece212, XaznKewLguyX, connersdad19, alex5857, 5.3bowtie, smiley2186, cf2004, Tibor, Zeuslicious, IT Hertz, 310w6,dbeez, thehardknoxlife, matthewo, pokey_159, LaserRed38, jerseyboy, Abc123Abc, James Bang

MisterDeadeye is offline Bannned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_smith06 View Post
    Also I need to get an rsx for this as well. That is a good sq car.
    Truth? I've wanted a Type S for a long time. Maybe this will be a car I need.

I guess until I have the funds for components, I'll just have these make do. Then I'll move these to the back. What are some good components for around $200?

dontbeaprix is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hat imagine are around $200. I'm also looking for components in this range. Also image dynamics and Boston acoustic have some nice ones in that range as well.

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
    *stock audio for now*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you don't mind used I scored a set of id xs comps for 230 shipped you just have to watch the classifieds

2004 Cavalier ls sport

Closed Thread