Closed Thread

Reload Thread: opinions on bravox cs603ck, cs603f and mb quart q4.150

Radius is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

opinions on bravox cs603ck, cs603f and mb quart q4.150

Hi everyone. First time post here.

Long story short, I was really into CA back in the day. Got out of it for about a decade and now I'm back into it.

So, I'm thinking of purchasing a set of the Bravox CS603CF to run as front stage and a pair of the CX60CF to run in the back doors of my Mazda 6 wagon. I plan to run them passive with the midbass of the 603 set in the stock location, the tweeter in the stock a-pillar location. If possible, I plan to make some type of bridge to mount the midrange over - or possibly next to - the midbass depending on how much room I have. If none of that works then I guess I will just have to drill a hole in my door panel, but I'm hoping to avoid that.

Budgets being what they are, I plan to run all 4 channels with a MB Quart Q4.150. I know that MB isn't what they once were, but this amps specs at 150w rms @4 ohms at .05% THD. Whether it will really do this or not, well, who knows for sure.

Anyway, some of you may questions why the 3 way set up. Well, first the price from SSA is amazing. Second, I prefer 3 way setups because it frees the midbass to do just that. Midbass. It's not trying to do a midrange driver's job. The sub duties will be taken care of by a pair of Fosgate P3-12 drivers run from an old school autotek 333 monster. I also prefer to run the rear door drivers from the same manufacturer of the front drivers to maintain tonal balance and timbre. I find that all of the systems I've built in the old days sound smoother if I do that versus mixing and matching front and rear stage drivers.

I am going to run the front stage passive as I don't have the room or budget to run them active. Hence the budget minded MB amp. Besides, it's a lot easier to upgrade an amp in the future than speakers!

The source will be a Kenwood dnx9980HD head unit.

So, any opinions on this setup?

Thanks,
    Michael

BlactimusCrime is offline NUT HUGGERS UNITE!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: opinions on bravox cs603ck, cs603f and mb quart q4.150

I love my bravox components, theyre 2 way 5.25s. they sound amazing ran off my aq4x90

Quote Originally Posted by loudrc View Post
    fuck you eddie.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeez View Post
    Judge me not by what i've done but the amount of haters on my balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    you have the best user ID on teh site playa
    Refs: NateBerrier, Thegreatestpenn, mossberg385t, mfenske, plugitin, retroaudioinc, michaellane, Ge_off_me
    Feedback- http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/489798-bumpinboats-feed-back-thread.html#post7273394

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlactimusCrime View Post
    I love my bravox components, theyre 2 way 5.25s. they sound amazing ran off my aq4x90
    Thanks for your opinion.

Do you have the carbon fiber models? Are they smooth? transparent? liquid even? Any harshness anywhere? I'm sensitive to midrange frequencies so it's common for me to hear harshness in those frequencies where other people don't.

Thanks,
    Michael

dontbeaprix is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I dont know anything about the componets , but i love mbquart amps for the price and power.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tthaworth View Post
    I dont know anything about the componets , but i love mbquart amps for the price and power.
    Thanks..

I have heard that MB Quart stuff is not as good as it used to be since Maxxtronics took them over - especially the speakers. I have no experience with their amps - new or old.

The specs are what I am looking for and at $229.00 the price certainly seems right.

As a side note, after being out of CA for such a long time, it's astounding to me how much the market has been flooded by gear and just how inexpensive it is. "Back in the day" an amp like the Q4.150 would have been around $800 or so.

Thanks,
    Michael

dontbeaprix is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ya , i wouldn't recomend the mb quart speakers so much. But their amps i like. The q series componets are pretty good, but expensive.Other than that i will pass .

Closed Thread