User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: loud/most efficient 4ohm 6.5" mids?

orangecounty1 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

loud/most efficient 4ohm 6.5" mids?

looking for the loudest setup i can run on my sand rail. planned amp is a Massive audio nx4 (200x4 @ 2 ohms). small enough i can find a place to mount it.

HU will be a clarion 7 band EQ and ipod/phone. no need to run a HU, i have FM on my phone, and wont use a cd becuase itll just skip from the bumps.

need 4 mids and 4 tweets, or 4 coax mids.

right now, im thinking 4 Powerbass 4xl 6.5" mids with 4 db drive p55d tweeters, with 100wrms to each driver.

any other ideas? no eminence or selenium since they're 8ohm (they make a 4ohm eminence 6, but the powerbass i've heard sounds better and plays higher than the eminence).

so yea... ideas? reason it needs to be LOUD is becuase the motor is right behind my ears and is very loud (currently no muffler) so its veryyyyyyyyyy loud lol..dont need any marine crap becuase it doesnt come out in the rain, so water is not an issue.

the only thing i dont like about the massive amp is the crossover isnt very flexible. only goes to 750hz, thatll work find for the mids (id HPF them at like 80-100hz) but the tweets ill have to run caps on to cross them around like 3khz.

Quote Originally Posted by galacticmonkey View Post
    Id much rather read a thread about someone getting flamed, even if its me, since it will at least be entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr-DQ View Post
    monkey you're a fat *****.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: loud/most efficient 4ohm 6.5" mids?

eminence alpha 6" 94DB 1w/1m and they handle around 200 RMS when crossed over correctly.

orangecounty1 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its either between those or the powerbass 4XL mids. both are pretty loud, the Powerbass sound better IMO and from what i've heard from others as well. i only have 100 w per driver anyways so..lol deff going with the db drive p55d tweets though, they are LOUD. lol

Quote Originally Posted by galacticmonkey View Post
    Id much rather read a thread about someone getting flamed, even if its me, since it will at least be entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr-DQ View Post
    monkey you're a fat *****.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah , the eminence have a really nasty honk in the upper mids , but they are loud as ****.

Closed Thread