User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need replacement 6x8's for 3 Ford F-350's...

Frankensuby is offline I'm in Ur F0rumZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon7 Need replacement 6x8's for 3 Ford F-350's...

Looking to spend roughly $70 a pair or less, Non-component speakers.

Most of the speakers are blown in 3 of the company F-350's, and well, it just can't go on this way.

These will be powered by the stock HU, so realistic RMS is probably 10-15 per speaker. That means I don't need anything with high RMS power handling, preferring respectable sound with high sensitivity to make up for an amp-less setup.

So far I've demo'ed:
    Pioneer TS-G's (2-way, but only in 6.5)
    Kicker (the 3-way coaxials)

And unfortunately that is it. All our good audio stores closed down in the last 3-4 years, so I only had a paltry selection at our Best Buy.

Honestly, the Kicker 3-ways sounded the best, even unamped (but on Alpine deck). Unfortunately, I can't find these for less than $90 a pair. I was also thinking about the Type-s, but I'm worried about them lacking some bass that maybe the Kicker would have. I know they will have good highs, as I've never been dissapointed by a Type-S on deck power. Not being able to demo speakers causing choosing issues, and brings me to you guys.

I just want something that will be able to reproduce respectable lows (once again, as much as an unamped 6x8 will produce) and have nice clean mids and highs....for around $70 a pair. I don't mind higher price suggestions, as long as I can find deals around that price

Thanks for you time!

EDIT: Can a 6x9 be slapped into the F-350 easily? I haven't delved into it yet...

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i

System Currently:Speaker Amp|Phoenix Gold Xenon 100.2 Sub Amp| Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 Deck| Pioneer DEH6800MP Frontstage| Alpine SPR-17LS "]Sub| Phoenix Gold Xenon 10"
    Refs from Buyers:
    Refs from sellers: Dre2390

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Need replacement 6x8's for 3 Ford F-350's...

Try Polk db series. Or look here at all Amazon has to offer:

Amazon.com: 6 x 8 car speakers - Coaxial Speakers / Car Speakers: Car Electronics

HO-AUDIO is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For your budget I would recommend the Arc Audio Coaxials, I sell them for $65 a set at my shop and they come with a silk dome tweeter which is a very rare find for that price of a speaker. I have been very happy with these and never had a single customer complain with them.

Frankensuby is offline I'm in Ur F0rumZ

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HO; got a link for me to see the specs on them?

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i

System Currently:Speaker Amp|Phoenix Gold Xenon 100.2 Sub Amp| Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 Deck| Pioneer DEH6800MP Frontstage| Alpine SPR-17LS "]Sub| Phoenix Gold Xenon 10"
    Refs from Buyers:
    Refs from sellers: Dre2390

Closed Thread