View Poll Results: Which component set?

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • eD e9.65i

    4 40.00%
  • DD CS 6.5

    6 60.00%
Closed Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Reload Thread: Which would you pick?

  1. #1
    Buck's Avatar
    Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Buck is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    18,351
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)

    Which would you pick?

    I'm doing 6.5 component set in my front doors, going to have 200w per channel available. Just want to see which one is though to be the higher quality speaker set. This will be my only set of speakers. Please vote off experience and not brand it is.

    1. eD e9.65i
    2. DD CS 6.5



    ***ONLY TAKING IN BOX BUILDS ATM***
    **We do accept full car builds, as in full installs**
    Find us on Facebook and Instagram!

    Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow
    In Nashville? Me too! Pm me and come hangout!




  2. #2
    Wingsfreak9's Avatar
    Wingsfreak9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    Posts
    4,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Which would you pick?

    not sure about the ed's but i can vouche for the dd's being very very solid speakers. comparable to re xxx comps imo



    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_G6GT_Beatin View Post
    then your a D U M B A S S can you read that shi t
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    How did you manage to pack that much stupid into such a small amount of words?
    Sold to: nom nom, Trever, Spooney, dkhage1, tghersh88


    Bought from: MikeyF, Paaco1981, Thorshammer1, Sundownz, Ridinhi, Cl1ckclack, nom nom, profoundwill, vfrrider, El_Weenie, DBBOOM

  3. #3
    sobe3yourself.'s Avatar
    sobe3yourself. is offline lordside gangster



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    2,941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Which would you pick?

    a local dd dealer said that they wouldnt personally put DD speakers in they cars so that must mean something. never heard em myself so i dunno.




  4. #4
    Buck's Avatar
    Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter
    Buck is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    18,351
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)

    Re: Which would you pick?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingsfreak9 View Post
    not sure about the ed's but i can vouche for the dd's being very very solid speakers. comparable to re xxx comps imo
    Never heard the RE XXX comps.



    ***ONLY TAKING IN BOX BUILDS ATM***
    **We do accept full car builds, as in full installs**
    Find us on Facebook and Instagram!

    Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow
    In Nashville? Me too! Pm me and come hangout!

  5. #5
    Wingsfreak9's Avatar
    Wingsfreak9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    Posts
    4,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Which would you pick?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Never heard the RE XXX comps.
    excellent midbass from a 6.5 and crisp clean highs.



    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_G6GT_Beatin View Post
    then your a D U M B A S S can you read that shi t
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    How did you manage to pack that much stupid into such a small amount of words?
    Sold to: nom nom, Trever, Spooney, dkhage1, tghersh88


    Bought from: MikeyF, Paaco1981, Thorshammer1, Sundownz, Ridinhi, Cl1ckclack, nom nom, profoundwill, vfrrider, El_Weenie, DBBOOM

  6. #6
    HO-AUDIO's Avatar
    HO-AUDIO is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which would you pick?

    I am a DD dealer and have been for many years, the CS speakers are nice sounding entry level components. Now the DD germans on the other hand are a whole different story. But after looking at the ed speakers the CS series by DD would probably be more comparible to the
    e3.65i series




  7. #7
    okiedokie's Avatar
    okiedokie is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Age
    91
    Posts
    1,356
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which would you pick?

    Why DD or Ed?
    For &225 you have can do a lot better then Elemental Designs.
    The RE xxx comp setup isnt nothing special- great midbass, but the tonality isnt nothing special.
    The DD comps get mixed reviews.
    If i where looking prepackage comp set i think around $200
    Products
    or
    WoofersEtc.com - CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System
    or
    WoofersEtc.com - HXS 136 Esprit - Helix 6.5" 2 Way Component System
    or
    http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_1...rs-System.html
    or
    Amazon.com: Morel Maximo 6 1/2 inch 2 way component system: Electronics




  8. #8
    Buck's Avatar
    Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter
    Buck is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    18,351
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)

    Re: Which would you pick?

    Quote Originally Posted by okiedokie View Post
    Why DD or Ed?
    For &225 you have can do a lot better then Elemental Designs.
    The RE xxx comp setup isnt nothing special- great midbass, but the tonality isnt nothing special.
    The DD comps get mixed reviews.
    If i where looking prepackage comp set i think around $200
    Products
    or
    WoofersEtc.com - CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System
    or
    WoofersEtc.com - HXS 136 Esprit - Helix 6.5" 2 Way Component System
    or
    http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_1...rs-System.html
    or
    Amazon.com: Morel Maximo 6 1/2 inch 2 way component system: Electronics
    Thanks man I'll definitely look into those.

    How are the AQ components?



    ***ONLY TAKING IN BOX BUILDS ATM***
    **We do accept full car builds, as in full installs**
    Find us on Facebook and Instagram!

    Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow
    In Nashville? Me too! Pm me and come hangout!

  9. #9
    HO-AUDIO's Avatar
    HO-AUDIO is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which would you pick?

    The AQ components are the same as the older DD low end components. My absolute favorite 6.5 set for $220 is the Hybrid Audio Imagine series speakers. I actually replaced selling Image Dynamics for these and I can honestly say they sound better than any $400-$500 set of speakers I have ever heard




  10. #10
    Cruzer's Avatar
    Cruzer is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    smyrna, tn
    Posts
    1,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which would you pick?

    Quote Originally Posted by HO-AUDIO View Post
    The AQ components are the same as the older DD low end components. My absolute favorite 6.5 set for $220 is the Hybrid Audio Imagine series speakers. I actually replaced selling Image Dynamics for these and I can honestly say they sound better than any $400-$500 set of speakers I have ever heard
    this. dont use DD cuz noobs on here like pure mid bass and harsh tweeters lol



    Head Unit: Pioneer 800PRS | Tweets: Vifa BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome | Mids: Dayton RS180 | Speaker Amp: Infinity Kappa Four | Sub: Dayton HO 15" | Sub Amp: AQ1200D
    refs:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/485413-cruzer-feedback.html
    Legal disclaimer... this is my own personal opinion that I have made from my own personal experience and based on my own personal tastes. At no time have I implied that anyone is wrong in their own opinions and you need to make a decision based on your own opinions.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum