Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 6.5" Speaker replacement

cody0707 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

6.5" Speaker replacement

I am going to replace the front and rear speakers on my Jeep. I want to put 6.5" in there. I was thinking about getting these:

Front Door- Polk Audio db651s $99.99
    Rear Door- Polk Audio db651 $99.99

Are there some better speakers that I can get for the same price or cheaper? The front speakers will be ran with a amp for sure. Not sure if the rears will have a amp or not.

AWD PSI is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 6.5" Speaker replacement

I run the 651's in the rear deck in my car and I like them. They are amped about 50w. You can find them cheaper though Amazon.com: db 651
    also check out cowboom.com for good deals on Polk stuff. You can get a decent 4ch amp cheap and power all of them.
    some Polk comps for less than 100.00
    http://www.cowboom.com/product/725644

"Alright, you can do this, Brian. Come on, pray with me. Dear Lord... just stay out of our way." - Stewie Griffin

dragonrage is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's all going to be subjective, especially in the cheaper price ranges, so it'd be best if you'd listen to them... That said, Polk speakers don't usually offend people, so they are probably a safe choice.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Selling/Trading soon...
    Ebay: ddfromma | Heatware feedback: ddfromma

Cruzer is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they will be OK, better than stock obviously.

just letting u know, u can get them cheaper
    $69 Polk Audio db651s Shallow-Mount 6-1/2" 2-way Speakers
    $49 Amazon.com: Polk Audio db651S - Car speaker - 55 Watt - 2-way - coaxial - 6.5" - silver: Electronics

so u might step up to some $100 set from one of those locations, might get a slightly better set, or buy those for less than $100 and if they arent that impressive, hey u didnt spend much

Head Unit: Pioneer 800PRS | Tweets: Vifa BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome | Mids: Dayton RS180 | Speaker Amp: Infinity Kappa Four | Sub: Dayton HO 15" | Sub Amp: AQ1200D
    refs:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/485413-cruzer-feedback.html
    Legal disclaimer... this is my own personal opinion that I have made from my own personal experience and based on my own personal tastes. At no time have I implied that anyone is wrong in their own opinions and you need to make a decision based on your own opinions.

Closed Thread