Closed Thread

Reload Thread: $400 and a lot of thinking

MaXiMa is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

$400 and a lot of thinking

hey i am going to be buying a 2002 jeep wrangler with the 4 speaker stereo system.... and for the longest time i have been contimplating wat replacement speakers i should buy. i am thinking about some components but i am really new to speakers... i mean i dont have to put in comps but crutchfield says 5 1/4" speakers fit. any ideas would work please! or if anyone has a jeep could u tell me wat ur running

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: $400 and a lot of thinking

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMa
    hey i am going to be buying a 2002 jeep wrangler with the 4 speaker stereo system.... and for the longest time i have been contimplating wat replacement speakers i should buy. i am thinking about some components but i am really new to speakers... i mean i dont have to put in comps but crutchfield says 5 1/4" speakers fit. any ideas would work please! or if anyone has a jeep could u tell me wat ur running
    ttt please help

BFresh is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

components are a best bet for any car, even a Pinto. Look into brands such as alpine and other top name brands, NOT SONY OR KENWOOD. you have a reasonable budget, so get searchin

DiB
    DiB is offline Meber

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

$400 is actually a great budget and if you are adventureous or trusting enough some great deal can be had on ebay for alpine, focal, infinity, cdt, and even rainbows! Personally I would stick with trusted brands and if you have to buy retail to amke you feel better then really haggle with the guy and compare prices across several stores.

Sidenote: I bought my components off ebay and recently one blew but I was able to buy a replacement through a retailer and with that cost added to the original price I still saed money.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DiB
    $400 is actually a great budget and if you are adventureous or trusting enough some great deal can be had on ebay for alpine, focal, infinity, cdt, and even rainbows! Personally I would stick with trusted brands and if you have to buy retail to amke you feel better then really haggle with the guy and compare prices across several stores.

Sidenote: I bought my components off ebay and recently one blew but I was able to buy a replacement through a retailer and with that cost added to the original price I still saed money.
    thanks guys i didnt even think to check ebay.

Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMa
    thanks guys i didnt even think to check ebay.
    yup they have the best prices. Check thezeb.com for CDT speakers. I would definetly get 1 set of 3 way components powered by an amp. That willl be sweeeet.

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

DJ FURY is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

400 dollars is def a nice budget.Those stock speakers in those jeeps are just flat out horrible.3-way comp sets are nice but any comp set(that u can fit) should work out good and make a huge difference.Just make sure u buy a amp for ur components and a new head unit if possible.U wont regret it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ FURY
    400 dollars is def a nice budget.Those stock speakers in those jeeps are just flat out horrible.3-way comp sets are nice but any comp set(that u can fit) should work out good and make a huge difference.Just make sure u buy a amp for ur components and a new head unit if possible.U wont regret it.
    has anyone ever put comps in the sound bar of the jeep? also i was looking at the http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...=0&cc=01&avf=N (i know there is much better places to buy them.......... also suggesitons welcome as far as new speakers but the front have to be 4X6's and the rear have to be 5 1/4"). as far as the comps go i was wonering if i would have to drill the new holes for the tweeters ? or wat have yall done. as far as comps i was looking at http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=12487 also when u buy componant speakers do they come with one or two sets?

DJ FURY is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im not sure abotu the sound bar thing but im sure it could be done.If u have 4x6s in the front and thats all u can fit no big deal just make sure u get a amp.I had some 4x6s one time and they sounded decent with a good amp.But as the sound bar goes id imagine u could fit components in there just try to get some where u have the option of actually mounting the tweeter in the center of the midrange if drilling isnt an option.Just a few things to consider.Hope this helps.

Closed Thread