Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: 6.5s off of HU power- Recommendations?

phenryiv1 is offline Custom user title

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 6.5s off of HU power- Recommendations?

I have considered upping my budget a bit and going with Rainbow SL165s.

Thoughts?

liar2 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I, too, am in this same position. Don't really want to add an amp so I'm looking for a pair of decent components. I've been looking at the alpine type s, boston acoustics, and a few others. I'd ideally like to spend around $150 or less. Would you all recommend the same speakers?

phenryiv1 is offline Custom user title

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liar2 View Post
    I, too, am in this same position. Don't really want to add an amp so I'm looking for a pair of decent components. I've been looking at the alpine type s, boston acoustics, and a few others. I'd ideally like to spend around $150 or less. Would you all recommend the same speakers?
    I added the Rainbow SLX265 to my list if options, even though it was out of my initial price range. As mentioned above, I also considered the SL165 coaxials, but I'd rather keep the tweeters high in the doors. I hate wiring (I spent enough days doing that in my younger days doing my shadetree installs) but I also hate paying someone else to do it, and I don't really trust that I'll get the install that I want.

Even though they break the original budget, it might be a better option to wait until the weather warms up and just add a small amp (I have an old RF 100a2 in the garage) and go with components, then upgrade my amp later when I upgrade my substage. I may even go with the SLC265 if I go this route, but the SLX would be better if run on HU power in the meantime.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2