Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine center channel speakers

bunkrd you is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alpine center channel speakers

I have been looking for something to add for for mids and highs, and kick panels aren't an option. I only have a single din head unit w/ a double din opening and was looking into the alpine center channel speakers. I was wondering how you would go about wiring this to my head units power, because it says it has a built in amplifier.

thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine center channel speakers

I just wired up a center channel in my car with a 2" Tang Band midrange and an MB Quart tweeter. I summed left and right channels and used 2 L-pads inline to control the volume to blend them in. It's quite effective at anchoring vocals to the center. I'm not 100% sure how amplified center channel speakers work, but I remember searching google for tutorials before I did mine. There was a good bit of info on different ways to go about it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well if it had a built in crossover that would work because i know that it has rca inputs and a remote turn on lead but I am just curious about the crossovers. I have infinity reference 6x8's rockford 6x8's in the rear but get drowned out by my huge box in my extended cab truck. I also have surface mounted infinity reference tweets that have their stock crossovers spliced off the hu

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So if i ran the alpine center channel how would it work. does it have a built in xover?

I want something for more mids and highs, but I am just about out of tweeter mounting room so a set of components are out of the question. I wanted to mount some little 3.5" infinitys somewhere in my dash but I dont know where would be a good location. Ideas? I'd love to be able to do a set of 3.5's and the alpine center channel. Help please. I want this build to be sick.

Closed Thread