Closed Thread

Reload Thread: HELP... new 3 1/2's and the passenger side pops every few bass thumps???

kmk4juggalo20 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HELP... new 3 1/2's and the passenger side pops every few bass thumps???

we just installed 2 kenwood 12's,a kenwood amp, and 2 3 1/2's in the dash.. it sounds great at low volume but once i turn it up and its bangin the passenger side dash speaker pops with every few bass hits... anyone know what this could be? i have the dash speakers straight to the cd player not the amp... sorry im a noob with car audio and any help would be appreciated... thanks

matt_bennett05 is offline mattchoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Re: HELP... new 3 1/2's and the passenger side pops every few bass thumps???

Sounds to me like theyre not gonna last long.... no "personal" experience w/ 3.5"s but you may want to dial the bass down on the headunit and cut off any bass boost/etc... also i would cut on the high pass filter if the unit is capable

D.D.Q.F.

Traded with : norrizzle9, BassAddictJ (x2), TWiZTid859, btr, btdickey, mylows10, Sour_Deez, El_Weenie;
    Bought from : NeilBarber, kurtbeast, bubbagumper, cd6551,
    mistergrubbs, gbo559, ltr450racer690, nismos14, ptcmarty,

taylorpro is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

what da man said.

Wildbillpb is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

is it a single pop or like a poping grinding noise?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

theyres no grinding noise or anything, it just pops every few bass hits.. happens if i have the car off with just music playing or if im driving.. theyres no pop when i first turn the headunit on or off its just while the music is playing... sounds almost like a rock hitting my windshield or something but i dont blast the volume because i figure its going to keep popping and i didnt want to blow the speaker yet.. lol..

BassnTruck is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bassblockers FTW LULZ

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

yep, you need a high pass crossover on them. commonly called "bassblockers" they are simply a non-polarized capacitor wired in series. the value of the cap depends on the nominal impedance of the speaker. google "bassblockers" and buy some rated for 160Hz.

they are only a couple of bucks and they will protect your speakers. you'll loose midbass but what do you expect from 3.5" speakers?

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah the bassblockers worked lol thanks

Closed Thread