Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Distortion from speakers...reason?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Distortion from speakers...reason?

I've got two new (2 weeks old) Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in my eclipse wired to a Dual 60W X 2 RMS Amp (340 watt 'peak'). The speakers handle 75 RMS a piece so this shouldn't be an issue for them. I also recently installed (within days of the speakers) A Rockford 15" Sub with 300 watt RMS Profile Amp.

Now I seem to be noticing from distortion from one if not both of the 6X9s (or rattling possibly). I can't figure out why. I adjusted the gain correctly on the amp, so im not over-gaining it or whatever. However, I am wondering if the power cable for my amps could be interfearing with the speaker wire? I made note not to run the RCA cable on the same side as the power cable, however it does come extremely close to my speaker wire. I also used the speaker wire that came with the speakers, which i think is like 20 gauge, its extremely small. Would that do it?

I'm hoping the speakers aren't blown, but how the hell could they be, I don't crank it, and they aren't being over powered. Thanks for your input.

80_Cutlass_mn is offline What needs to be here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Distortion from speakers...reason?

I think your main problem is that dual amp. I dont think they are very good amplifiers. Ive never had any experience with them but if I had to guess they are prolly like jensen or maybe even as bad as pyramid or pyle im not sure, but I know they cant be that good. The first thing I would do would be to find someone around who has an amp of similar size of a good brand like mtx, profile, rockford fosgate, or any other known to be good brand and hook it up to them and see how it sounds. You might have set the gains on that dual amp properly but if the amp cant provide the power it might be clipping very easily.

Arctic White 1995 Camaro 3.4L

Hifonics BX2005D- 12" IA Death Penalty
    Premier prs-x220 - MB Quart DSD213 components
    Pioneer DEH-P7600MP - Scosche 4 Ga. wiring kit

Aol Instant Messanger: CamaroMN1995

Closed Thread