Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

4" budget speaker recomendation

Hi,
    speakers are for a 95 toyota avalon with an aftermarket headunit and stock oem amp. my door speakers are distorted. was wondering what you guys would get for around $20 - $40 a pair.

thank you

LiveAudio911 is offline FVCK OFF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: 4" budget speaker recomendation

Quote Originally Posted by bigd87 View Post
    Hi,
    speakers are for a 95 toyota avalon with an aftermarket headunit and stock oem amp. my door speakers are distorted. was wondering what you guys would get for around $20 - $40 a pair.

thank you

Like um some bazooka, JVC, Pioneer, Sony... for that price range... really need a little bit more cash per pair for something worth a **** though..

Stay away from crap like Pyle, Legacy, Boss...

Here are a few suggestions based solely on the price.. LOL

Clarion
    Walmart.com: Clarion SRG1021R G Series Coaxial Speaker System (4"/140W Max): Auto Electronics

Another Cheaper Clarion:
    (22.95) CLARION SRG1020R <br>4" 2-Way 140W GOOD Series SPEAKERS

BLAUPUNKT- Used to be pretty decent for entry level.. dont know about now..
    (24.95) BLAUPUNKT GTx-402 (GTx402) <br>4" 2-Way 130W GT Series SPEAKERS

Kenwood-
    (39.95) KENWOOD KFC-1062S (KFC1062S) <br>4" 3-Way 120W SPEAKERS

Anyways.. there are tons of decent entry level speakers from good name brand compaines out there.. just look around.. hell or go to Walmart, or Car toys or w/e or shop online.. there are tons.. stick with name brands.. dont go with the cheap'o name brands.. either..

(24.95) BLAUPUNKT GTx-402 (GTx402) <br>4" 2-Way 130W GT Series SPEAKERS

DarkScorpion is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are you looking for coaxials, or full range speakers? Is your price before or after shipping? If you can bump up the price to ~$60, I have a plethora of suggestions for you. If you're 100% stuck at ~$40 before shipping, there are plenty of nice options as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aduio911 View Post

Like um some bazooka, JVC, Pioneer, Sony... for that price range... really need a little bit more cash per pair for something worth a **** though..
    Don't listen to this guy, things like this are what tools say.

Bought from: BassAddictJ, TBH1, Whitedragon551, Parker G, Ciaonzo, James Bang, GetLikeMe, Here-I-Come
    Sold to: Slim2fattycake, Bigbangtheory, Safe_Cracker, Burton6431
    Traded: Bergend2

bigd87 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScorpion View Post
    Are you looking for coaxials, or full range speakers? Is your price before or after shipping? If you can bump up the price to ~$60, I have a plethora of suggestions for you. If you're 100% stuck at ~$40 before shipping, there are plenty of nice options as well.

Don't listen to this guy, things like this are what tools say.

i'm just looking for the best bang for your buck speakers. i'm willing to go up to $60 before shipping. could you link me to a few options?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dayton RS100-4 I have a set of these as desktop speakers paired with a small subwoofer and they are fantastic.

Tang Band W3-1364SA An amazing set of full range speakers. They're 3" so you'll need to make a bracket to make them fit correctly, but they are simply awesome. I have them running from 350hz and up in my dash location in my car, and I love them.

Fountek FR88EX Like the 1364sa's, an awesome full range speaker. A bit brighter due to the metal cone, but they also have a greater xmax, so they have greater output capabilities.

Tang Band W4-1052SD Nice 4" full range speakers that will be able to dig a little deeper than the 3" full range drivers at the expense of some top end. Still a great speaker that I wouldn't hesitate to run in a car environment.

The only downside to these full range speakers is that they will need some eq work and need to be installed on-axis to get the most out them. That doesn't mean they won't sound good off axis, but it's the top end that will suffer the most should you install them off axis. A nice aftermarket amplifier to give them some power wouldn't hurt, either, especially since you could use the crossover on the amp to block out the lower frequencies. But it's definitely not a necessity if you're just doing a drop in replacement.

Just to clarify, where will the speakers be installed? In the door by your feet? Or in the middle of the door? Either way, as drop in replacements, any of these speakers would be a great choice. If possible though, I'd build a crossover to block lower frequencies (a high pass of 80hz - 100hz would suffice) so that way, you can get a bit more out of the speakers. This is assuming you have a subwoofer to pick up the lower frequencies.

Bought from: BassAddictJ, TBH1, Whitedragon551, Parker G, Ciaonzo, James Bang, GetLikeMe, Here-I-Come

d-REW is offline tuTWENTY

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

look at parts express.com

Refs: Rashaddd, SotoGrip, ProjectPechkin, Walled Taurus, Just303, tenbux1970, tmasco, Worstenemy45, blazron22z

Slo_Ride is offline Take It Easy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    827 Post(s)

kicker on ebay

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

bigd87 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScorpion View Post
    Dayton RS100-4 I have a set of these as desktop speakers paired with a small subwoofer and they are fantastic.

Tang Band W3-1364SA An amazing set of full range speakers. They're 3" so you'll need to make a bracket to make them fit correctly, but they are simply awesome. I have them running from 350hz and up in my dash location in my car, and I love them.

Fountek FR88EX Like the 1364sa's, an awesome full range speaker. A bit brighter due to the metal cone, but they also have a greater xmax, so they have greater output capabilities.

Tang Band W4-1052SD Nice 4" full range speakers that will be able to dig a little deeper than the 3" full range drivers at the expense of some top end. Still a great speaker that I wouldn't hesitate to run in a car environment.

The only downside to these full range speakers is that they will need some eq work and need to be installed on-axis to get the most out them. That doesn't mean they won't sound good off axis, but it's the top end that will suffer the most should you install them off axis. A nice aftermarket amplifier to give them some power wouldn't hurt, either, especially since you could use the crossover on the amp to block out the lower frequencies. But it's definitely not a necessity if you're just doing a drop in replacement.

Just to clarify, where will the speakers be installed? In the door by your feet? Or in the middle of the door? Either way, as drop in replacements, any of these speakers would be a great choice. If possible though, I'd build a crossover to block lower frequencies (a high pass of 80hz - 100hz would suffice) so that way, you can get a bit more out of the speakers. This is assuming you have a subwoofer to pick up the lower frequencies.
    the speakers are on the door at the bottom. if you had to choose, one out of those 4 selections. what would you take? i will be doing a drop in replacement.

thanks for quick responses

bigd87 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dpc69ss View Post
    kicker on ebay
    is their a certain model you suggest?

Slo_Ride is offline Take It Easy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    827 Post(s)

DS400 or KS400

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the speakers are on the door at the bottom. if you had to choose, one out of those 4 selections. what would you take? i will be doing a drop in replacement.
    I'd go with the dayton's simply becuase I know what they sound like and I'm already impressed by them. But I 've been wanting to try those W4's...

You can also look into those Kickers Dpc mentioned. They might fit the bill even better since they're going into the door by your feet. Coaxial speakers would probably be a better drop in choice. Here's the KS400's, a bit more pricey but look to be a bit better; make sure to check ebay if there are better prices.

thanks for quick responses
    there's a button to the bottom left of my post for that

bigd87 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my speakers are actually more at my knees than feet. but i see a pair of ks400's on ebay for 45 bucks. picked up 2 pairs.

thanks

Side Show is offline Bringin The Noise

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    457 Post(s)

i hate 4" speakers..... i've never like any that i have heard (so-so harsh).... just dont expect too much from replacing

Closed Thread