Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Reload Thread: Need system recomendations.

  1. #1
    NyFitDriver's Avatar
    NyFitDriver is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Need system recomendations.

    I am looking to add some new speakers in my car. It currently has the OEM 6 speaker system(2 tweeters, 2 front/2rear), and i would like to upgrade.

    I don't want to add a sub, and would just like some good, all around speakers, that will cover low-high. I dont need booming bass, but some decent bass, wouldn't hurt(i assume it will be better then stock either way).

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.







  2. #2
    *SlappinAzz*'s Avatar
    *SlappinAzz* is offline Shoot em



    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Need system recomendations.

    Why not get a little 8 inch sub?

    Or two 6x9's




  3. #3
    NyFitDriver's Avatar
    NyFitDriver is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Need system recomendations.

    Quote Originally Posted by BassX View Post
    Why not get a little 8 inch sub?

    Or two 6x9's
    No real reason on the sub other then i don't really want to take up room, and just wanted a pretty simple system.

    As for the 6 x 9's i don't think they will fit, as the speakers are in the rear doors.

    I honestly don't know allot about audio equipment, so any specific models/brands, would be appreciated.




  4. #4
    NyFitDriver's Avatar
    NyFitDriver is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Need system recomendations.

    Anyone?




  5. #5
    Bumpin' Goalie's Avatar
    Bumpin' Goalie is offline Magic 8 Ball



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TN & Travel
    Posts
    3,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Need system recomendations.

    What size do the doors accommodate? 6.5"?

    Will you be running an amp to them? If not, stock or OEM replacements may be a better option do to their efficiency.

    Most aftermarket speakers will want a certain amount of power to bring them to life. If a small, hidden amp is possible, then the possibilities are almost endless. Alot will depend on budget, tweeter type, and other personal preferences.

    For now, look into Image Dynamics, Polk Audio, and others for a start. woofersetc dot com will help aid your search.



    System Layout help available via PM.

    My system:
    Sounds good.

  6. #6
    James Bang's Avatar
    James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ^
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Need system recomendations.

    Do you drive a fit? I know someone that might be selling a sub enclosure for the newer body style fit.

    A 10" in an enclosure that'll save you a lot of space. win/win.





  7. #7
    NyFitDriver's Avatar
    NyFitDriver is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Need system recomendations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpin' Goalie View Post
    What size do the doors accommodate? 6.5"?

    Will you be running an amp to them? If not, stock or OEM replacements may be a better option do to their efficiency.

    Most aftermarket speakers will want a certain amount of power to bring them to life. If a small, hidden amp is possible, then the possibilities are almost endless. Alot will depend on budget, tweeter type, and other personal preferences.

    For now, look into Image Dynamics, Polk Audio, and others for a start. woofersetc dot com will help aid your search.
    I could do a small hidden amp if need be. Honestly id like to budget it around 5-700. Any suggestions with that in mind?

    And yea, i think 6.5 is what most people use.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Bang View Post
    Do you drive a fit? I know someone that might be selling a sub enclosure for the newer body style fit.

    A 10" in an enclosure that'll save you a lot of space. win/win.

    Yea, it is an 09. How much for that enclosure? Where was that purchased from?




  8. #8
    Bumpin' Goalie's Avatar
    Bumpin' Goalie is offline Magic 8 Ball



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TN & Travel
    Posts
    3,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Need system recomendations.

    That enclosure would be so convenient in that car. I have a Suzuki SX4 so similar space and shape. And I've almost given up on the hatch area.

    For 500-700 you can easily get a small 2/4 channel amp to run a pair of comps in the front. And if you want, also a pair of whatever in the back.

    Personally, i'd go with a 4 channel amp, 1 pair of components in the front off of the front channels, and a sub in that stealth box off the rear channels (bridged)



    System Layout help available via PM.

    My system:
    Sounds good.

  9. #9
    NyFitDriver's Avatar
    NyFitDriver is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Need system recomendations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpin' Goalie View Post
    That enclosure would be so convenient in that car. I have a Suzuki SX4 so similar space and shape. And I've almost given up on the hatch area.

    For 500-700 you can easily get a small 2/4 channel amp to run a pair of comps in the front. And if you want, also a pair of whatever in the back.

    Personally, i'd go with a 4 channel amp, 1 pair of components in the front off of the front channels, and a sub in that stealth box off the rear channels (bridged)
    And the rear door speakers? They would be powered off the HU? Just go with a pair of 6.5's?

    I really don't need a "booming" system, just something NOTICEABLY better then stock




  10. #10
    Bumpin' Goalie's Avatar
    Bumpin' Goalie is offline Magic 8 Ball



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TN & Travel
    Posts
    3,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Need system recomendations.

    Quote Originally Posted by NyFitDriver View Post
    And the rear door speakers? They would be powered off the HU? Just go with a pair of 6.5's?

    I really don't need a "booming" system, just something NOTICEABLY better then stock
    I don't run anything in my rear doors. Personal preference. I prefer just fronts for imaging reasons. Though many people do run rear speakers off of the H/U. Also a lot of people amp them. It all depends on what you want from your car's sound.



    System Layout help available via PM.

    My system:
    Sounds good.

  11. #11
    mclerico83's Avatar
    mclerico83 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    tampa
    Posts
    6,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    819 Post(s)

    Re: Need system recomendations.

    yea run the rears off the headunit,

    MB QUART 2000 Watt DSC4125 4 Channel Car Amp Amplifier - eBay (item 350319318708 end time Jun-19-10 13:40:35 PDT)

    this is the perfect amp then put like an idq or dcon in a stealth box on the rear channels bridged for 500rms at some nice 6.5's up front and some basic coax's in rears for fill.




  12. #12
    NyFitDriver's Avatar
    NyFitDriver is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Need system recomendations.

    Quote Originally Posted by mclerico83 View Post
    yea run the rears off the headunit,

    MB QUART 2000 Watt DSC4125 4 Channel Car Amp Amplifier - eBay (item 350319318708 end time Jun-19-10 13:40:35 PDT)

    this is the perfect amp then put like an idq or dcon in a stealth box on the rear channels bridged for 500rms at some nice 6.5's up front and some basic coax's in rears for fill.
    Thanks

    Do components up front, or just 6.5's?

    Now i just need to find someone competent around here to install it..lol




  13. #13
    mclerico83's Avatar
    mclerico83 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    tampa
    Posts
    6,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    819 Post(s)

  14. #14
    mclerico83's Avatar
    mclerico83 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    tampa
    Posts
    6,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    819 Post(s)

    Re: Need system recomendations.

    where in ny are u, im from ny also city though,




  15. #15
    NyFitDriver's Avatar
    NyFitDriver is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Need system recomendations.

    Thanks. Those CTX65CS look nice..

    I wonder if i had those upfront, with some cx64 in the rear, all running off an amp, if i wouldn't even need a sub?

    or

    Maybe the ID Ctx65's up front, stock speakers in the rear, and the sub..




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. sound system recomendations for a '68 mustang convertible
    By 68er in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 10:58 PM
  2. Need Recomendations for Exterior Speaker System
    By bjfish11 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 01:10 PM
  3. Amp recomendations for this system
    By M3thod_Man in forum Amplifier Reviews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 08:42 PM
  4. Boat system questions and recomendations?
    By J2K66 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 02:16 AM
  5. Recomendations on crown vic system
    By 4xGmc in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-01-2006, 06:14 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum