Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Speakr recommendations for my "new" amp

rxer311 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Speakr recommendations for my "new" amp

So I picked up an old Soundstream Granite 120.4 today and I now am trying to find a good component speaker to match up with the amp. The amp will run 30/4 at 4ohms 50/4 at 2ohms or 100/2 bridged at 4 ohms. Right now here are my ideas for wiring this thing.

1. Run components off the front channels and run a small sub off the rear channel. The only thing is only having 30 watts on tap for a set of components since most run at 4ohms except infinity. So I need a really sensitive set of components or run a set of infinity reference comps.

2. Run the amp bridged for my front components and put 100 watts per channel to the speakers and add a sub amp later. I was thinking about a set of Polk Db series for this application.

I am budget concious with these speakers (think around $150 or less) and am looking for SQ more than anything.

rxer311 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Speakr recommendations for my "new" amp

Anybody?

monsterman is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Speakr recommendations for my "new" amp

You will want to bridge the channels and get a good set of comps. Save the sub + amp for later. Trust me...you will want to upgrade asap. Might as well do it right now and with 100x2 you can make a good set of comps sound nice. Later on when you get some cash you can pick up a IDQ and 500 watt mono and be good. I would stay active on the various classifieds and get some good used comps otherwise just play it safe and get some PG RSD's.
    So....
    150 budget
    -60 rsd's
    -90 sound dampening for doors
    = okay setup

Closed Thread