Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Upgrading my door speakers..any recommendations?

Salincer is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Upgrading my door speakers..any recommendations?

My current setup in my 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
    Slash 500.1v2 Amp
    2x 12w3's in ported box
    Clarion NX409 Touch Screen DVD HU
    4 farad capacitor (idk why i bought this-.- )

Finally have some money to upgrade...so why not move onto new speakers? Im def. going with the 300.4 Slashv2 to match my other amp. So i was wondering what component set i should put in the front...and rear speakers. I was wanting to keep it all JL, but i hear that infinity makes good speakers. So im really looking for what you audio pros would recommend

Thanks
    Brandon

dennit469 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Upgrading my door speakers..any recommendations?

from personnel experience i would have to say the jl zr components are very good and something that will for sure satisfy you and keep op with the subs and probably go beyond, you'll need 300w to power each set, so 600 altogether, 2 jl 300/2's should do you right, at that your looking at about 1200 bucks for that setup if you buy the amps used which usually run about 150 each, and the zr's are roughly 450 per set, and you want front and year so thats about 900 for those and 300 for the amps, 1200 bucks and youll have door speakers that will blow your mind

Lexus IS300- Bumpin stock untill its not so hot outside.
    Damp Pro (not installed)
    Head: Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993 (not installed)
    Current about to be front stage: PPI A1200 Powering a set of Image Dynamics XS-65's.
    sold to: bluevu77, nick06tc, massivespl, skylineTT, farmereshan, RidinHi, revrider1, Therum, budahbuddy803, blinkdogo2
    bought from: blinkdogo2, fasfocus00, budahbuddy803, (others i dont remember...)
    SCAMMED BY 1indatrunk

DarkScorpion is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's your budget? What size? Is rear-fill a must, or would you be willing to invest all the money in a very nice sounding front stage?

The majority of mainstream components are overpriced. Not to say they aren't good, but there are lots and lots of other speakers that are just as good, if not batter, than what JL offers (unless you get them at a really good price). I'd stay away from inifinity as well - decent speakers at best, but not for the price.

There is no point in matching brands unless you're trying to impress an uninformed person with the name.

My suggestion to you is to run only a set of front components, and bridge your amp. You have a small car - there is no point in rear fill at all, really. By spending more money on a better set of front comps and bridging your amp to them, you'll come out ahead compared to 2 sets of speakers.

Bought from: BassAddictJ, TBH1, Whitedragon551, Parker G, Ciaonzo, James Bang, GetLikeMe, Here-I-Come
    Sold to: Slim2fattycake, Bigbangtheory, Safe_Cracker, Burton6431
    Traded: Bergend2

CougarGuy is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i just did a landrover install with 3 sets of JL XR 6.5 components, he got all 3 sets for 389 shipped...they sounded pretty stinkin nice i thought!...

2002 Landrover Discovery II Install pictures by cougarguy1802 - Photobucket

if your interested check it out...

Steve-O

2002 Cougar
    black on black yo!
    Foose signed ARC Foose amps/ 2 12" FlatLines
    KSport 12.2 w/ NDL, BP-20 TRK pads
    Torsen, 94A, kdw2s, spec stg 1 = 16rofl! axles!
    2004 Sable 3.0 210/210
    myspace.com/scubasteve1987
    http://s188.photobucket.com/home/cougarguy1802/index

bugflipper is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Infinity is a little harsh in the upper mid and highs. A lot of it can be tuned out with an eq but very little mid bass on the bottom as well. JL would sound better between the two.

Closed Thread