Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

need professional opinions lol

ok, i'm new here but somewhat experienced in car audio.

i need opinions.

i have an 87 bmw 325i. it has 5.25" speakers in the rear deck, and the kick panels. and it has a set of tweeters in the front doors, and the rear doors. all factory. factory amp, blah blah blah.

i want to upgrade these.

if i'm not mistaken, i want to get a component system, correct? the speakers, crossovers, and tweeters.

i'm not lookin to break my wallet, simply because i'd much rather put money into my audi s4. but this car is my daily driver and i'm tired of these junk speakers.

anyway, i've been looking around, and found some speakers that look decent.

first off, i'd like to know which of these 2 are better, and if you would reccomend either: Infinity Reference 5030cs 5.25" -Inch 2-Way Component - eBay (item 180499428770 end time May-26-10 10:09:34 PDT) or NEW INFINITY KAPPA 50.9CS 5.25" 2-WAY COMPONENT SPEAKER - eBay (item 230473680159 end time Jun-10-10 15:04:45 PDT)

**keep in mind, i like a preeeettyyy decent amount of bass**

also, feel free to suggest good speakers with good bass. (please nooo subwoofers, don't want them lol)

my next question, if i do install a component system, with the crossovers etc., would i be able to amplify them? (i have 6x8 insignia's in my ford ranger, hooked up to an amp, and they sound okay, just not enough bass)

so basically what im looking for is a speaker setup (tweeters too!) that can handle some power from an amp, and puts out some nice lowsss.

if i could compare the setup i'm looking for to another car, i'd say the volkswagen jetta's/passat's have a nice sound. something like that, except a little louder.

im sorry for typing a book haha but those of you nice enough to help me out, i really appreciate it. whoever gives me the best advice just might get maybe $10 or $20 paypal-ed to them

misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Re: need professional opinions lol

Yup, you can & should amplify components.

Take a look at these: CVL-5K CADENCE 5.25" 2-WAY COMPONENT SPEAKERS SET NEW - eBay (item 110526806757 end time May-30-10 17:53:09 PDT)
    The midbass drivers in that set of comps are almost identical to a very high end driver produced by dynaudio, jantzen and dynavox.

I'd think of putting some 5.25" or 6.5" subs in the rear deck if I were you. Something like this: Parts-Express.com:

And here's an amplifier that'll power everything: NEW MB Quart DSC480 4-Channel Car Amplifier/Amp DSC-480 - eBay (item 360259668095 end time Jun-04-10 08:48:14 PDT)

You'd be looking at right around $300 for the equipment...

I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

beeEMdubya87 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sweet dude, you're the man. really thanks for taking the time to do that for me. i'm gonna see if anyone else suggests anything else. but yeah that does sound like a good setup. few questions though: if i do the 5.25" subs in the rear, don't you think it will be too much low and not enough high back there? which leads to my next question: the two tweeters on the rear doors; what should i get for them?

misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beeEMdubya87 View Post
    sweet dude, you're the man. really thanks for taking the time to do that for me. i'm gonna see if anyone else suggests anything else. but yeah that does sound like a good setup. few questions though: if i do the 5.25" subs in the rear, don't you think it will be too much low and not enough high back there? which leads to my next question: the two tweeters on the rear doors; what should i get for them?
    Dude, I could easily recommend a dozen different things to suit your needs. This was just the first thing that came to mind.

If you want to discuss things further or come up with something a little nicer, shoot me a pm...

I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    Yup, you can & should amplify components.

Take a look at these: CVL-5K CADENCE 5.25" 2-WAY COMPONENT SPEAKERS SET NEW - eBay (item 110526806757 end time May-30-10 17:53:09 PDT)
    The midbass drivers in that set of comps are almost identical to a very high end driver produced by dynaudio, jantzen and dynavox.

I'd think of putting some 5.25" or 6.5" subs in the rear deck if I were you. Something like this: Parts-Express.com:

And here's an amplifier that'll power everything: NEW MB Quart DSC480 4-Channel Car Amplifier/Amp DSC-480 - eBay (item 360259668095 end time Jun-04-10 08:48:14 PDT)

You'd be looking at right around $300 for the equipment...
    i run those components and let me tell you they are awesome, but you need to power them sufficently. at first i was giving them 60 watts and i was completely unhappy with them but just recently i got a new amp and now there getting 125 watts and they SCREAM, you wont be disappointed if you went with those speakers, trust me.

no offence to misfit but i wouldnt go for that amp, it wont give the speakers the power that they need. i would look into getting DSC4125 - MB Quart 4 Ch 1000 Watt Amplifier its a bit more money, but its well worth it. but then again im just going by personal experience with these speakers and thats the amp i bought for them, it worked out well for me, and im happy with it.
    Last edited by curtis96olds; 05-12-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Closed Thread

User Tag List