Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Has anyone tried the new Vifa NE 4 ohm series?

mcsoul is offline such is life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone tried the new Vifa NE 4 ohm series?

There are some interesting "looking" Vifa 4 ohm NE woofers on PE and Madisound. The pricing is competitive. Has anyone heard them?

They seem to 4" 6" 10" and who knows what other sizes, I have some Alpine SPX 3-way passive crossovers that need some new friends.

Here is what they look like.

Mid Amp: Audison lrx 4.300 bridged 2x140w @ 8 ohms
    Doors: 24ft Damplifier Pro, Second Skin D-flex pads, eggcrate foam, sealed up.
    Tweeter: SEAS 27TFFNC
    High Amp: Audison Lrx-2.150
    Subs: Two RE SE 12 d4's
    Box: 4 cubes net at 30hz
    Sub Amp: Sound Stream Van Gough 1600.2
    Electrical: Knu Flex 1/0, Batcap 2000 in back
    Rear Deck: No 6x9's just holes and grills

bugflipper is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Has anyone tried the new Vifa NE 4 ohm series?

I wasn't really impressed in a car. I bought 2 from parts express. The dissatisfaction wasn't the speaker necessarily, but the install. I started out with focals in a solstice. The wife wanted a set, I wanted to experiment,,,,,,, so she got them instead of me buying more. They have great bottom and mid. The best way I can describe the sound is infinity kappas. I truly like kappas in an older car with a lot of interior. What I don't like is their strong mid (vocal resonance) quality. A thick interior (bad acoustics) can eat that up.

At any rate I started playing around, just couldn't get the presence out without knocking it down to unnatural levels. This car is all plastic inside, very little interior. I took them out and put them in the home theater. Simply amazing, with carpet, furniture, curtains etc,,,,,,, took out the unnatural sound and was brilliant.

I went with Parts-Express.com: these were what I took out of the home theater. They are simply amazing. Sound better than the focals that were in it. I am running an old tube amp with them at about 50 rms. Bottom line is the vifas are very good, but not right for a 2 seater with sparse interior. Parts express said they would take them back, but I didn't because they sound flawless in the house. The vifas would probably sound perfect in a luxury car. All I have are light weight cars and trucks with sparse interiors.

Closed Thread