Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Question about new speakers, and my speakers

jflick092 is offline Work Do'er

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question about new speakers, and my speakers

Ok, so just recently my rear 5x7's started sounding like ****. They were stock anyway but i think it might be time for a upgrade, wondering what would be a good cheaper speaker to get, since im probably getting a new car soon, and im not sure if ill be able to use the same speakers. I think i can fit either 5x7 or 6x8's. The cheapest pair I could find at best buy is pioneer, Pioneer - 6" x 8" 3-Way Car Speakers (Pair) - TS-A6872R

meh. Walmart used to have kenwoods for like 40 but i guess not anymore.

Second question, also, starting today i think, my like right speakers arent working as well as the left ones. Would this be a fuse problem? idk. If i put the balance to the left its fine, center fine, then if i go all the way to the right its almost no sound at all, i think one of the tweeters work though.

It might have been like this for a while, but i just noticed it today. (trying to figure out which of my 5x7s were messed up)

Im pretty sure the 5x7 is done for, i took off the cloth thing they have over the cone and its like thin cardboard, and its all torn around the edges.... oh well

I dont have an amp for the speakers anyway, so its not like i could even use any really good speakers to their full potential anyway but if there are any decent amps id be interested in hearing about them too...

2004 A6 4.2 --- Hifonics HFI1500d, SQ HDC315 (4cubes), MBQuart OA800.4, SQ QP-TH25 Supertweeters, Factory Bose.

Horsemanwill is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Question about new speakers, and my speakers

if your getting a new car just buy some cheap replacements no need to go all out yet.

Pioneer Carrozzeria DEH P01
    Tru SB6
    Silver Flute W17RC38-08 6-1/2" Wool Cone
    Tru Steel S25
    ES Full body horns soon to come
    2x JBL W12GTI

SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jflick092 View Post
    but if there are any decent amps id be interested in hearing about them too...
    nope man. There are no more decent amps. They are all fake now, its all a placebo in your head. When you install an amp your really not doing **** but putting in a $300 hunk of metal that lights up all pretty.

jflick092 is offline Work Do'er

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Horsemanwill View Post
    if your getting a new car just buy some cheap replacements no need to go all out yet.
    hahaha. well speaking of the devil. The car im TRYING to get (idk if i am) already has a good HU and infinity speakers...
    I mean, my stock speakers werent bad when they acutally worked they sounded good to me...

Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    nope man. There are no more decent amps. They are all fake now, its all a placebo in your head. When you install an amp your really not doing **** but putting in a $300 hunk of metal that lights up all pretty.
    uh... ??? decent as in price and quality.

2004 A6 4.2 --- Hifonics HFI1500d, SQ HDC315 (4cubes), MBQuart OA800.4, SQ QP-TH25 Supertweeters, Factory Bose.

Closed Thread