Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Reload Thread: Speaker set up help!

  1. #1
    MustangMafia's Avatar
    MustangMafia is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Thomasville, NC
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Speaker set up help!

    I have a 97 Mustang that was equipped with a basic factory system. I have installed several different HU's and just recently blew the stock speakers. First I installed Sony XS-R5743 all around. I was getting a bad crackle from all of the speakers at mid range vol. I took those out and installed Kicker KS-680's all around, I was getting the crackle at about the same vol. with the sony's. I installed a different HU, I can get a little higher in vol., but I am still getting the crackle. What do I need to look at or install or look for? any help would be greatly appreciated. Both recent HU were Pioneer.







  2. #2
    hatedonmostly's Avatar
    hatedonmostly is offline throwin' hunnits, hunnits



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Age
    23
    Posts
    6,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speaker set up help!

    You need an aftermarket amp to power aftermarket speakers





  3. Thanks MustangMafia thanked for this post
  4. #3
    misfit138's Avatar
    misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Williamson, WV
    Posts
    12,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Speaker set up help!

    Yup, buy an amp. Some sound deadener is always nice too...



    I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

  5. Thanks MustangMafia thanked for this post
  6. #4
    MustangMafia's Avatar
    MustangMafia is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Thomasville, NC
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speaker set up help!

    What kind of amp should I get and what should i look for? I dont know that much about car audio. what size of an amp?




  7. #5
    misfit138's Avatar
    misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Williamson, WV
    Posts
    12,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Speaker set up help!

    Quote Originally Posted by MustangMafia View Post
    What kind of amp should I get and what should i look for? I dont know that much about car audio. what size of an amp?
    This'll do just fine. Free Shipping (119.95) MB QUART DSC480<br>4-Channel 640W DISCUS 08 Series AMPLIFIER



    I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

  8. #6
    MustangMafia's Avatar
    MustangMafia is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Thomasville, NC
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speaker set up help!

    alright, what gauge of wire should I run to the speakers? I already have the power wires installed (previous owner). install the amp in the trunk? would there be anything else to know about setting up an amp?




  9. #7
    misfit138's Avatar
    misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Williamson, WV
    Posts
    12,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Speaker set up help!

    Quote Originally Posted by MustangMafia View Post
    alright, what gauge of wire should I run to the speakers? I already have the power wires installed (previous owner). install the amp in the trunk? would there be anything else to know about setting up an amp?
    - 16 guage wire will do.

    - You can install the amp anywhere it'll fit and stay dry. The trunk is usually easiest.

    - If you've never installed an amplifier, you might want do search for some gain setting tutorials.



    I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

  10. #8
    MustangMafia's Avatar
    MustangMafia is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Thomasville, NC
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speaker set up help!

    Nice i am some what of a noob when it comes to amps. im not able to buy an amp right now but what about this one..Kicker 08ZX350.4 (08zx3504) - 4-Channel Amplifiers - Sonic Electronix not meaning to counter act your selection, im just asking. what rms specs should i need to look for?




  11. #9
    misfit138's Avatar
    misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Williamson, WV
    Posts
    12,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Speaker set up help!

    Quote Originally Posted by MustangMafia View Post
    Nice i am some what of a noob when it comes to amps. im not able to buy an amp right now but what about this one..Kicker 08ZX350.4 (08zx3504) - 4-Channel Amplifiers - Sonic Electronix not meaning to counter act your selection, im just asking. what rms specs should i need to look for?
    That Kicker amp will work just fine. The Mb Quart I linked has a little more head room, which will be nice if you ever decide to upgrade to some nice 2-way components. And believe this, there's a great possibility that you'll want to upgrade.

    I'd also like to say that matching your equipment by brand means nothing. Lots of new people think it's beneficial in some way, but it really isn't...



    I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

  12. Thanks MustangMafia thanked for this post
  13. #10
    MustangMafia's Avatar
    MustangMafia is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Thomasville, NC
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speaker set up help!

    I didnt figure as much. im wanting one with front and rear rca inputs so i could control fade f to r, my stereo is set up that way




  14. #11
    misfit138's Avatar
    misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Williamson, WV
    Posts
    12,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Speaker set up help!

    Quote Originally Posted by MustangMafia View Post
    I didnt figure as much. im wanting one with front and rear rca inputs so i could control fade f to r, my stereo is set up that way
    Front and rear inputs are standard on 4 channel amps, man.



    I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

  15. #12
    y2kbugger's Avatar
    y2kbugger is offline Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speaker set up help!

    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    - 16 guage wire will do.

    - You can install the amp anywhere it'll fit and stay dry. The trunk is usually easiest.

    - If you've never installed an amplifier, you might want do search for some gain setting tutorials.
    I was wondering this earlier today, and to people here recommended under the front seat, seems logical shorter wires, but i'm worried about space and trying to adjust the gains whiles it's down there.




  16. #13
    *SlappinAzz*'s Avatar
    *SlappinAzz* is offline Shoot em



    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speaker set up help!

    you need 30 gauge




  17. #14
    misfit138's Avatar
    misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Williamson, WV
    Posts
    12,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Speaker set up help!

    Quote Originally Posted by y2kbugger View Post
    I was wondering this earlier today, and to people here recommended under the front seat, seems logical shorter wires, but i'm worried about space and trying to adjust the gains whiles it's down there.
    I've never been a fan of mounting anything other than crossovers or maybe Sirius tuners under my seats.



    I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

  18. #15
    misfit138's Avatar
    misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Williamson, WV
    Posts
    12,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Speaker set up help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassx19 View Post
    you need 30 gauge
    negative



    I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum