Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Arc FD6000 components

nickexpy is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arc FD6000 components

Basically they are the Chip Foose set but you gotta start somewhere. I bought them used for $67 shipped and they do seem to be in all in all great condition except one thing. I looked over everything really well and on one of the mid-basses there is a 1/8 slit on the outer part of the surround. It is right where a screw will have to go for mounting.
    1st -- Has anyone run these and what were their impression? Hopefully these are a stepping stone to a set of Hertz, Zappco, etc..
    2nd -- Do I need to use a q-tip and touch this up from underneath with some RTV or something? Will this effect the performance?

Thanks ppl.

Ford Expy
    Big 3
    Front -- RE 6.5 Comps
    Rear -- Cliff Designs 6.5 Comps.
    F/R Amp -- Alpine F357
    Sub -- Diamond D312D4
    Sub Amp -- Alpine M350

Bought from - Goindef154, Scottiej

kkreit01 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Arc FD6000 components

1. I have not run the comps, but I had the Coax version for rear fill. They sounded OK, but really needed power. I ran them off deck power only, and the midbass was weak. The tweet seemed nice and calm -- not too harsh. Once again, I was only running them off deck power, so I'm not a good example.

2. Yes -- RTV on both sides of the surround will help. You probably won't notice it at all. I've used black for such repairs.

mossberg385t is offline Love Train

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Arc FD6000 components

1. i have these components and they are **** good, i dont know about the coaxs but these sound excellent i picked mine up for $75 the only issue i had was finding a place for the crossover, also i ran them at first off of my deck (alpine IDA-X200) and later off of my old school orion xtr 475 and the only difference was the signal from the xtr was clearer

2. i would recommend RTV not really necessary in this case but its not going to hurt

Quote Originally Posted by CarAudio.com Admin View Post
    Please send your tithes of 10% to my paypal. Thou shall worship thy goob.
    IA 40.1, Nakamichi PA350, Arc audio 6.5s 2 way active (1986 Alphasonik x-over) Audio Control three.1, Kenwood KDC-X592, TREO SSX based 18: 8 layer flat wound copper coil w/ dual SS former, 3 medium nomex spiders built by SPLaudio and repaired by myself and Harshaw for optimal sexiness and performance.
    team Dbeez MECA as3 db3

☞2218☜ βθπ βν

Closed Thread