Closed Thread

Reload Thread: The Question I ponder, New door speakers?

TxZ-GeCkO is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Question I ponder, New door speakers?

So I have had two tens in my truck for quite some time (MtX 7500 series w/ 1000-1bd rockford amp) I am upgraded to two 12 MtX 9500 series w/ 2500-1bd rockford amp.

I know the bass from the 12's are going to be louder and more powerful than my tens, and with my tens I still could barely hear the vocals even on the lower volumes.

The question I ask myself, will a set of door speakers help my treble? I dont really want to amp them, I get 50 watts a channel from my deck, so that isnt that bad of power.

So should I look into door speakers? Coaxial? Seperate? 2-way? 3-way?
    Im not too savvy on door speakers.

SSS 18734 is offline Dollar Menu Millionaire

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Question I ponder, New door speakers?

Unless you plan on amping them, I honestly wouldn't bother. I have never heard enough of a difference between stock speakers and aftermarket speakers on HU power to justify buying aftermarket gear.

Your deck is really only capable of ~15 wRMS. If you do want to go aftermarket, look for a used set of 2-way coaxials with a high efficiency rating. Anything over 2-way on a coaxial speaker is a gimmick.

Also, have you done the electrical work necessary to support a 2,500 watt amp? You are wasting your money on anything over 1000-1500 wRMS on stock electrical (depending on the vehicle).

Bought From:
    Absolutnockout, zachzchw, Untouchable11, j3bus2k3 (x2), 92c1v1c, jeeper07, acubsfan, bkjt05, Goldenknob, Goindef154, Basscourt2009, TeamSouthrnBass, oldschoolboomer, 99grandprixGT
    Sold to:
    Gearguy2001 (American Bass SQ780)
    Tw1st3d13 (2 Fi BL 15's)

Tw1st3d13 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSS 18734 View Post
    Unless you plan on amping them, I honestly wouldn't bother. I have never heard enough of a difference between stock speakers and aftermarket speakers on HU power to justify buying aftermarket gear.

Your deck is really only capable of ~15 wRMS

Also, have you done the electrical work necessary to support a 2,500 watt amp? You are wasting your money on anything over ~1500 wRMS on stock electrical.
    Hows your build SSS?

My YouTube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JmasterJr
    Refs: Sold to blkmrideon22s (Memphis 4kw)
    Bought From:
    BushJ311 (SDX2000C) SSackett(Memphis 4k) SSS 18734(2 Fi Bl) Goindef154(10 1/0g ring terminals)

TxZ-GeCkO is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSS 18734 View Post

Your deck is really only capable of ~15 wRMS. If you do want to go aftermarket, look for a used set of 2-way coaxials with a high efficiency rating. Anything over 2-way on a coaxial speaker is a gimmick.

Also, have you done the electrical work necessary to support a 2,500 watt amp? You are wasting your money on anything over 1000-1500 wRMS on stock electrical (depending on the vehicle).
    Thanks for the tips. And yes, My truck is ready to drop the subs in as soon as I construct my speaker box. Heading to get 1" MDF this weekend.
    Currently running on a high-output alternator. And an optima yellow top with the Big three upgrade. (zero guage wire) Have the amp grounded directly to the frame of my truck.

If that doesnt seem to be enough for me, I might drop in a smaller battery for starting my truck and what not, and using the optima for the bigger stuff.

Closed Thread