Closed Thread

Reload Thread: $1000 budget you build it.

dirty_73 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

$1000 budget you build it.

As the title says I have a grand to spend on some new audio equipment. I currently have a great h/u and sub/amp combo. Sadly I do have some ****** alpine 5x7 up front. Ive been looking at all kinds of quality component sets but I do not have anywhere locally to go and hear anything besides kicker or jl or rf. So im leaving this in the hands of the pros.

Thousand dollar budget to speakers. So give me some setup ideas. Front speakers, back speakers, amp and wiring. Alright thanks.

Wattser93 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: $1000 budget you build it.

What is your current HU/amp/sub set up? Do you want sound quality? Loud? Both? If you cover those questions it will make our job a lot easier.

dirty_73 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Head unit is a alpine cda-9887. Current sub/amp is the jl 10w6v2 with a kicker zx400.1. Will be a jl xd600/1 when it comes in the mail. Right now the only part of the system lacking is midrange and highs. Have some crappy alpine 5x7 in the front right now with stock back door speakers.

Figured a thousand would get a pretty decent setup for audio. Im looking for good sound quality over spl. I mean dont get me wrong spl is nice but if I had to choose one over the other sq would win. Daily driving I dont run the w6 incredibly loud because I like my hearing but will crank it every now and then and want some speakers to keep up with it.

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

For speakers, go with Vifa paper-cone midbasses and textile tweets, or LPGs if you can't fit the full-size Vifas.

Amps, go with a used 4-channel - something older. PG M44, RF Punch, there's a glut of older amps out there that work just fine, but nobody's interested in because they want the latest fad. The 9887, IIRC, will allow you to actively bi-amp.

Combine that with a W6v2 and a few weekends worth of tuning, and you'd have one heck of a setup

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimJ View Post
    For speakers, go with Vifa paper-cone midbasses and textile tweets, or LPGs if you can't fit the full-size Vifas.

Amps, go with a used 4-channel - something older. PG M44, RF Punch, there's a glut of older amps out there that work just fine, but nobody's interested in because they want the latest fad. The 9887, IIRC, will allow you to actively bi-amp.

Combine that with a W6v2 and a few weekends worth of tuning, and you'd have one heck of a setup
    what car ???

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclerico83 View Post
    what car ???
    I don't understand, was this to me?

keep_hope_alive is online now Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine I62-1 front and rear - $200 ea ---> silky highs, smooth midrange, abundant midbass
    Hertz EP4 - $300 ---> clean power, logical design

If you like brighter highs, Hertz ESK-165's for $250 ea could work - they have warm midrange, brighter highs, and average midbass

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Closed Thread