Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

morel vs. cdt audio

Yo! My list of component speakers has been cut down to these last two sets - Morel dotech ovation as my front stage, tempo 6 as my rear. My other choice was Cdt-ES-062i as front stage, HD-62CF as rear stage . My goal is better sq than the JL ZR (FS) JL XR (RS) WHICH IM RUNNING NOW. Speaker size is 6.5 , will be powering them with a jl 450/4.

Im wondering will the 450/4 be enough to power the sets of morel if i go with them. The Dotech ovations can take more power than all the sets put together. I want to push whatever set i go with but not under power them at the same time. I will also be adding mmats mp5 pre amp along with a pioneer avh-5100 dvd player to get a little better sound.

AudioAudio here in florida quoted me a price for the morels at 875.00 for the 2 sets. A CDT dealer gave me a price of 750.00 for 2 sets. Both r authorized dealers.

I listen to music thats slowed down will that have an effect on the components.

DarkScorpion is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: morel vs. cdt audio

That JL amp will power either set of speakers perfectly fine. Why are you adding a preamp? Do you mean you're adding a line driver? Or an actual, separate pre-amp amplifier? I'd stay away from that if possible, unless you're talking about adding a line-driver.

Both sets of components will be nice, I personally think CDT speakers are way overpriced, and if I were you I'd ditch the rear speakers and run only a set of front speakers fully active (I think that JL amp has a an active-capable crossover). You really can't go wrong with either set - when you're considering higher end speakers, it's more about what sound suits you better, rather than which set is better than the other.

Bought from: BassAddictJ, TBH1, Whitedragon551, Parker G, Ciaonzo, James Bang, GetLikeMe, Here-I-Come
    Sold to: Slim2fattycake, Bigbangtheory, Safe_Cracker, Burton6431
    Traded: Bergend2

Dlh_tank is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

why ditch the pre amp

1hawaii50 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I've got the Morel Dotech Ovation 6's for my front soundstage. I'm feeding them 350w rms from a bridged ARC KS300.4. I have never heard the CDT's, but the Morel's are very nice speakers.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993
    Morel Dotech Ovation 6/Arc KS300.4 bridged
    Arc FD6025/Arc KS125.2Mini
    2-Hertz EBX200R/Arc KS300.4 bridged
    Dynamat Xtreme
    Metra NIRD-01
    Full interior LED conversion

Closed Thread

User Tag List