Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Jl Zr 6.5's or CDT HD-62CF 6.5's or Image Dynamics XS 6.5's - having a hard time deci

dennit469 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jl Zr 6.5's or CDT HD-62CF 6.5's or Image Dynamics XS 6.5's - having a hard time deci

im in between these 3, i base all my choices on what people have said and personally hearing the 6.5's in a car, my setup would have 2 sets of components preferably of the same brand, the ones i listed in description......all of those are around $425, i've, people have swore about the image dynamics and i believe but the excellent loudness the JL's deliver is what turned me to them, they could work on SQ a little bit but yea... anothe guy says he has 2 of the night shade 18's and those new cdt hd's keep up like a champ and sound amazing while doing it, if i can get the same loudness like DB out of the other brands as the Jl's but with better SQ and/or maybe louder, i would def. go with them, right now i have 2 jl 300/2's to power these sets of components so thats a true and steady 150 watts per pair, input would be great, thanks guys

*let me add that i would need them to keep up with 3 FI q 12's, maybe just 2, it depends on how i like just 2. and not just to keep up with the subs with rap but crisp and hella loud with "rock" (dave matthews, hootie.....etc)

Lexus IS300- Bumpin stock untill its not so hot outside.
    Damp Pro (not installed)
    Head: Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993 (not installed)
    Current about to be front stage: PPI A1200 Powering a set of Image Dynamics XS-65's.
    sold to: bluevu77, nick06tc, massivespl, skylineTT, farmereshan, RidinHi, revrider1, Therum, budahbuddy803, blinkdogo2
    bought from: blinkdogo2, fasfocus00, budahbuddy803, (others i dont remember...)
    SCAMMED BY 1indatrunk

treylittlefield is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Re: Jl Zr 6.5's or CDT HD-62CF 6.5's or Image Dynamics XS 6.5's - having a hard time

Basebalz13 can get u a good deal on those CDT's prob

dennit469 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Jl Zr 6.5's or CDT HD-62CF 6.5's or Image Dynamics XS 6.5's - having a hard time

Quote Originally Posted by treylittlefield View Post
    haha yea i know, he's the one that suggested them, i think im going with the image dynamics tho, should put a pretty hefty dent in my bank account

Lexus IS300- Bumpin stock untill its not so hot outside.
    Damp Pro (not installed)
    Head: Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993 (not installed)
    Current about to be front stage: PPI A1200 Powering a set of Image Dynamics XS-65's.
    sold to: bluevu77, nick06tc, massivespl, skylineTT, farmereshan, RidinHi, revrider1, Therum, budahbuddy803, blinkdogo2
    bought from: blinkdogo2, fasfocus00, budahbuddy803, (others i dont remember...)
    SCAMMED BY 1indatrunk

Hoodlum007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go with the ID's you will not be let down i can tell you that. I am using the entry level ID comps and they sound great. I heard the CXS and XS lines and was completely amazed at the quality, too bad cant afford them right now though.

Bubblebass is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The ID CTX's are on sale right now on woofers etc for $180.....

basebalz13 is offline D-money

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by treylittlefield View Post
    Thanks bud

Quote Originally Posted by dennit469 View Post
    haha yea i know, he's the one that suggested them, i think im going with the image dynamics tho, should put a pretty hefty dent in my bank account

Team Cactus Sounds, Team SHOK elite, Team Second Skin, Team Mechman, Team XS power, Team Sundown

Team GroundShakaz (MECA team I started)

Quote Originally Posted by mayo_bryan View Post
    i saw david's work , impressed !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudman View Post
    And so were the judges!!!:lol: Sorry man, that was so insensitive of me!! I've been there before!!

death metal is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

id xs65's to me are very midy and bright. not a very good choice if you listen to metal and rock. i thought they lacked in midbass aswell. i know steven and eric at id tell you to run crossover for subs higher to fill in the midbass void. it's a great speaker, but... i think id could've done a little better. also, there's a lot of plastic parts. woofer basket is pretty easy to break. i will say they play loud as hell and stay clean.

redcalimp5 is offline Loud 'N Clear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go with Boston SPZ60's.

Alpine~Rainbow

Refs~
    6spdcoupe, mlstrass, kmanian, F150Truck'in, PremierAudio, jblayz1, dbrown, BoondockSaints, jacka, flava30, hessdawg, ebrunn, JayRich, Blinkdogo2

Closed Thread