Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Hertz HSK165 - Install question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hertz HSK165 - Install question

Hey,
    Has anyone ever flush mounted these tweets(25 version)? I've installed several sets of tweeters in the past and they all came with a separate mounting cups for all types of installs. However...these are weird....it just has a pair of metal rings with teeth that the manual says are to be placed on the other side of the mounting surface to lock the device in. I test fit everything together and its a super tight fit...it will be extremely hard to use the ring and mount them flush on my A pillar. I got these slightly used from a dealer and they were used as demos for 3 weeks...I'm sure everything is included, but were the flush mounting cups left out of the box? I searched and searched and could not find anything relating to this. Does anyone have experience installing these? Thanks for looking!

Working on new build out
    Purchases so far: RF 25 To Life Power1000, 80 Sq Ft Damplifier, 3 Gallons of SS Spectrum Spray, Hertz HSK165, Hertz HCX165, Pioneer AVIC-F90BT, Monster 6ch RCA Cable, 20' 1/0 Knu KLMX Power Cable, 20' 1/0 Knu KLMX Ground Cable, 100' Karma SS 16 Gauge Speaker Wire, 12" Thunderform Stealth Enclosure, 8" Kicker CVT 8"

Last Step will be getting my old school 18" XXX reconed/rebasketed into a 12"

Refs: undeadxsunshine
    Feedback Thread

Racerx250 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hertz HSK165 - Install question

I flush mounted them in my 99 firebird. I used a couple drops of super glue. That metal ring is a pain in the ***.

Bought from - Shallowfu mattmcss bholtmeier apw122 cam5860 KINGDELL91 impalafan95 six501 skydeaner Amalan Datboiroy X5(met in person) dalucifer lrc131 tEh koRnDog civicsimomo JoeSmith502 matthewo Cguth hessdawg lilmaniac2(X2) lil_italy773 na_rsx tdeaton1021

Traded With - Beerdrnkr freezeman_7 cd6551 SoCalBean420

Sold to - vitveet memphisflex Blinkdogo2 kruler

There's more but I can't remember who.

Up Coming plans for my silverado
    9887(still need)
    6.5 ID OEM, Hertz HT30 tweets, Sundown 100.4
    Sundown 1500(still need), (1) 2005 12" RE XXX
    2.5cu. ft. @ 32(still need)
    2 yellow tops

Topless Stang is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hertz HSK165 - Install question

Quote Originally Posted by Racerx250 View Post
    I flush mounted them in my 99 firebird. I used a couple drops of super glue. That metal ring is a pain in the ***.
    I was afraid of that....the super glue held? I might pick up some epoxy then...I'm thinking the super glue might not hold due to the force I have to exert to push them into the metal rings. Did you use the trim ring? I just bought a 2" hole saw & mandrel bit after looking at someone else's DIY, and the metal rings are 'slightly' and I mean slight;y larger than 2". I'll see whats up later this week I suppose. Does anyone have any pics of them flush mounted, or the install process?

Racerx250,
    What did you use to cut out the mounting hole? I bought a 2" hole saw, but its too big. I measured them tonight and I'm thinking of picking up up a 1-5/8" hole saw tomorrow.
    Last edited by Topless Stang; 01-05-2010 at 04:19 AM.

Working on new build out
    Purchases so far: RF 25 To Life Power1000, 80 Sq Ft Damplifier, 3 Gallons of SS Spectrum Spray, Hertz HSK165, Hertz HCX165, Pioneer AVIC-F90BT, Monster 6ch RCA Cable, 20' 1/0 Knu KLMX Power Cable, 20' 1/0 Knu KLMX Ground Cable, 100' Karma SS 16 Gauge Speaker Wire, 12" Thunderform Stealth Enclosure, 8" Kicker CVT 8"

Last Step will be getting my old school 18" XXX reconed/rebasketed into a 12"

Refs: undeadxsunshine
    Feedback Thread

Closed Thread