Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 6.5 comps front, 6x8 rear

pearlsjam79 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

6.5 comps front, 6x8 rear

Need some help on speaker choices. I'm fairly new car audio. I'm a home stereo nut. I picked up a head unit, KW KDC-x993 and a couple of amps cheap. The amps are MB Quart Discus 500.1 and DSC480. Going to run a JL 10w3v3-2 sub.
    I've read a ton on this subject here and there are so many choices. My budget is $300 for both sets of speakers. I want to run 6.5 comps in the front and a decent set of 6x8 in the rear. I have a ford f-150 extended cab pick-up. The hardest thing for me is I can't hear all these before I buy. I have always demoed any home audio before I bought. I am most concerned with overall sound quality and reproduction. Not looking for crazy volume levels. I listen to mostly Alternative/Indie type rock. I spend about 2 hours a day commuting back and forth to work, so I want something bulletproof that will perform day in and day out.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

eharri3 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 6.5 comps front, 6x8 rear

Spend the 300 dollars on one set of fronts. Leave the rears stock, and don't waste amp power on them. If you are looking for sound quality you won't be sorry. The way our ears are shapped we cannot appreciate differences in sound quality between different speakers mounted behind us the way we can from those in front of us. Stock rears should be fine for whoever squeezes in back there.

Re: whats some good components?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deathpenalty18
    Not an sq set up just want good sq speakers and tweets not interested in mids! And my sub is a fcking ia dp 18 with a memphis 4kw

Originally Posted by x1le
    mids ARE speakers.

A component set = pair of midwoofer's and a pair of tweeter's

and nobody cares what your sub is.

ccab is offline For The Horde!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 6.5 comps front, 6x8 rear

Quote Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post
    Spend the 300 dollars on one set of fronts. Leave the rears stock, and don't waste amp power on them. If you are looking for sound quality you won't be sorry. The way our ears are shapped we cannot appreciate differences in sound quality between different speakers mounted behind us the way we can from those in front of us. Stock rears should be fine for whoever squeezes in back there.
    uhhh wut?

dude..honestly..anything you get for car speakers..in my opinion I would go with RF..hands down I think they make the best 6.5s and 6x8-9s. and plus they arent expensive either...and get a nice 4 channel amp and your done.

04 Chevy Malibu LS V6
    Front Stage: Alpine CDA-9884
    6.5"s: (2) Rockfords + (2) Alpines in doors
    6.9"s: (2) Alpines
    Battery: Kinetik HC1400
    Alt: Stock
    Subs: 2 12" Alpine Type R's @ 1 ohm
    Amp: Audioque AQ1200D amp.
    Box: Custom Ported 36hz
    Wiring: big 3 and all Knu wires.
    Vid of System: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00GaYCsXMso
    Feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...20#post6780620