Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need some advice

skylineTT is offline bass=sekz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Need some advice

ive always been more of a basshead and still am, but the midbass and clarity of good speakers has been appealing to me for a while now. at the moment, i have 6.5 infinity kappa coaxials in the doors with 4 inch kappa coaxials in the dash with stock 6x8s in the back. everything is off of head unit power so all of the kappas are sharing the front stage power and the 6x8s are getting the back stage. it does sound clear but its nothing special and i want to upgrade

i have an MTX TC2002 amp that will supposedly do around 200 watts to each channel and a new crunch p1100.2 that will do around 250 to each channel so id like to run all of the front with the crunch and the back speakers with the MTX. as far as speaker choices go, there are many. the PG RSDs are getting good reviews and are cheap. i have always liked kickers components as well but their SS series is out of my price range so i would be looking at the KS series. i would like to do the 6.5 midbass driver in the doors then mount the tweeters up higher on the A pillers or in the dash where the 4"s were. also, i need something new for those 6x8 holes. i was thinkin about doin some good 6x8 coaxials or just a 6x8 midbass driver. idk what to do though. should i buy the speaker baffles as well for my midbass drivers? help meh outtt!!

i could also just buy a full set of good coaxials and be done with it. lol

Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Need some advice

these for the font stage. sound amazing!!!

http://onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/..._TS-D720C.aspx

and my infinity kapps for the rear fill. 200 shipped for everything for all 4 speakers

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

hmm those look pretty good too.

should i baffle them too?

Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by baffle what do you mean? text me foo! 469-338-7398

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

aight mayne. its the little plastic cup that the speaker sits in to "improve midbass"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

k well ive done some online shopping and think im going to go with kicker KS series 6.5 components, 4 inch coaxials in the dash with the component tweets in the a-pillar, then the 6x8s in the back dash, all amplified with my 2 2ch amps. then ill have my 2 type R 12s sub up port up in the back of the cabin where the back seats were. should sound pretty good and all of the speakers combined are about 200 bucks shipped due to sales. hah

also, ill have my 6.5 and 4 inch coaxial kappas for teh sales. the KS speakers should sound better than those do from what ive read and heard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

nice job. bargain buyer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

or sell your 2 chans and get my 4 channel. less wires, yea that a good idea

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

lol heath, im really hoping this sounds good. hopin to get some midbass and stuff. i already have kappas though and your kappa 6x8s would match everything and i could amp those but idk if it would be worse or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

worse by amping them? no it wouldnt at all

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

than the amped kicker speakers that is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

no if you do my kappas in the back and your 4 coax and 6.5 comps in the front. amp them on my 4 channel. it will sound really good. wire the front stage to my amp (4 inch coaxs, and 6.5 comps. and leave the kapps on HU power (you heard how loud they were alone on HU power)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

well what i have right now is kappa coaxials in the dash and doors. 6.5s and 4s. i want components in the doors which is why i was going to go ahead and buy a full set of components and coaxials that match, then amp them all. my kappas are loud on HU power but there isnt much midbass at all so thats why i wanted components and amplification.

Closed Thread