Closed Thread

Reload Thread: need a good set of 6.5s

mr.michael is offline BOB SAGGET!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

need a good set of 6.5s

not looking for a big thread full of weird suggestions lets stay close to what you all have actually heard. i might just be running one pair of mids and tweets so. if you guys could drop any suggestions. maybe ill look into them. btw i got an ext cab powerstroke

BOUGHT FROM RYANM923, HEADSHOK(CACO.COM)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: need a good set of 6.5s

i heard mach 5 makes good mids?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suggest something weird myself. That way when your at a car show and people ask about your system and you list off brands their eyes glaze over because they have no idea what you just said! but if the mach 5's are anything like the woofers then it will def be a decent little mid. I like my component setup myself. they are cheap and work well. they hold 250 rms pretty well. I was at one point running about 400 rms into each woofer and believe it or not it took about 5 months of heavy abuse for one to blow. I have a second that is a little scratchy down low but still works perfect now that i've tuned the mids only to play from about 85 htz and up. but the components i'm running are the SSL 6c. or SSL components. they work great for my setup.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Highs on bass View Post
    I suggest something weird myself. That way when your at a car show and people ask about your system and you list off brands their eyes glaze over because they have no idea what you just said! but if the mach 5's are anything like the woofers then it will def be a decent little mid. I like my component setup myself. they are cheap and work well. they hold 250 rms pretty well. I was at one point running about 400 rms into each woofer and believe it or not it took about 5 months of heavy abuse for one to blow. I have a second that is a little scratchy down low but still works perfect now that i've tuned the mids only to play from about 85 htz and up. but the components i'm running are the SSL 6c. or SSL components. they work great for my setup.
    i respect the words said but i had a hard time sponging in all that. i cant just buy those mli6.5s though and get some tweets and crossovers to make my own little component set?

amartin_72 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a set of type-r crossovers they are pretty beefy if your interested. 25 shipped.

cww180 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PPI 356cs for 139.99

genxx is offline Team JL Audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From what I have heard, owned or currently using. These are my picks as what I have liked the best. You can buy any of these as just driver's.

6.5's
    HAT L6
    HAT Clarus 6.5
    Hertz ML165
    Hertz HV165L
    Rainbow Powerline 175
    Rainbow Vanadium 165
    Dynaudio MW162

You can take any of the above and buy them in a comp. set-up with tweeter or buy the mid and tweeter individually.

2009 USACi Basic Consumer World Champion, '09 IASCA INAC 2nd Place, 2010 MECA Finals MODEX 4th, '10 OK MODEX State Champion--Addicted to Sound Quality
    '06 F250: JL-Zapco-Pioneer
    '08 Focus-Kenwood-Zapco-ID-Hertz
    Team JL Audio, Team RAAMmat, Team Advantage Audio, Team MSE, Team Zapco

Closed Thread