Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How are CDTs?

Gs04Aero is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How are CDTs?

I found a set of EF-61NEO/DRT-25 PRO 6.5 comps for $170. How are these speakers? I've been deciding between ID CTX65cs and Hertz HSK 165s but saw these for a good price. I see a lot of people mention CDT in other threads. I'm running them off my bridged amp that puts out roughly 150wx2...Thoughts on these?

blazeplacid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: How are CDTs?

yeah really have to go listen for yourself

some people (like me) love them and some people dont

they tend to have a some what bright tweet, but not to bright.

Some say they cant get any mid bass out of them but I can feel the mid bass kick in my jeans everyday, not sub bass, mid bass

CDT ES comp
    Eclipse EA4200 amp on highs
    TC Sounds LMS-r 12"
    nine.1

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey thanks for the quick input. I wish I had a place nearby that had these brands to listen to. Looks like the only retailers are in CA.

dbeez is offline Supporting Vendor dbeez is a Supporting Member of the forum!

dbeez is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

I ****ing love them they are awesome to say the least...but everyone has different likings in this department..

2002 suburban
    Security System Code alarm
    Electrical Dc power sp270 7 deka 9A31's and lots of 1/0
    Headunit pioneer 880prs
    Amps 2 Sax125.2 front stage crossfire xs8k@.5
    Wiring lots of 1/0 stinger, tsunami
    Mids & Tweeters 2 sets cdt m6+ mids 2 sets cdt tw25 tweets
    Subs 2-18" nightshade v2's d2
    System DetailsDaily driver.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats true. Any reviews you know of on Memphis' 15-MSQ6 components?

Hoodlum007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the CDT CL's and the ID CTX comps and love both. Can not really go wrong with them for the prices they sell for.

Xprime4 is offline ****in' canadian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Over here everyone is about CDT. I just don't get it... doesn't sound that great to my ear, even their the highest line

SWFL is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the CDT CL-62CF comps. PM exige about comps from him will get newer version and a great price for some comps. One thing I will say about them is they can handle tons of power and do get loud.

REFS-
    Bought from-Basscort2009, Exige, Mobeious, cutdawg84, Galaticmonkey, mrwigglezdj, jack0409, DC_Power_Rob, dappa5, blkbeater
    Traded with-Dbboom
    Sold to-Busabob, acubsfan, integra88, bigbear, armed, jb513, mindjob360, pickup1, bushj311, callitdone, lysfys, Treads4heads, larnerj, grassroots, alex5857

lyttleviet is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xprime4 View Post
    Over here everyone is about CDT. I just don't get it... doesn't sound that great to my ear, even their the highest line
    I agree. I've heard multiple sets... nothing to talk about really. IMO, the OP was headed in the right direction prior to the CDT set.

PV Audio is offline The Vision of Sound

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Running HD-62Z (HD-62 with ES-200Z crossover) with the UpStage 526-XT package. As I said in another thread, it creates sound staging that even for me as a DIY speaker builder, still find absolutely incredible. It seems like I can tell, and this is not bullshit because if you know me and how hard I am to please when it comes to audio, but I can tell the spatial difference between different parts of a piano on Diana Krall songs. It's really that vivid. Without the UpStage, you might as well just go with the ID CTX for the same price. With the UpStage and a high order tweeter filter, you simply won't believe your ears: it's not a gimmick.

gunz4me2 is offline Bat Country

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I owned a set of the entry level CDT 6.5" components and GAVE the woofers away because they failed to reproduce midbass and the midrange was distorted. They were beat out by.... get this.... a set of Alpine Type R 6.5" components. I did keep the TW-25 tweeters though because they were easier to retrofit into my 1997 Civic tweeter pods than the Type Argh tweeters.

As for the sound of the Type R tweeters compared to the CDTs, it was a toss up. On one track the Type Rs would sound slightly better whereas on another, the CDTs seemed to provide the detail that I expected to be there. Since the permanent retrofit solution was easier for the CDTs, they stayed.

I also heard a set of the $750 CDT components in a friend of a friend's vehicle. In all honesty, I was not impressed with how they sounded for the price. Although they sounded better than the CDT CL-S60A components that I owned, they didn't sound $600 better.

Xprime4 is offline ****in' canadian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me2 View Post
    I owned a set of the entry level CDT 6.5" components and GAVE the woofers away because they failed to reproduce midbass and the midrange was distorted. They were beat out by.... get this.... a set of Alpine Type R 6.5" components. I did keep the TW-25 tweeters though because they were easier to retrofit into my 1997 Civic tweeter pods than the Type Argh tweeters.

As for the sound of the Type R tweeters compared to the CDTs, it was a toss up. On one track the Type Rs would sound slightly better whereas on another, the CDTs seemed to provide the detail that I expected to be there. Since the permanent retrofit solution was easier for the CDTs, they stayed.

I also heard a set of the $750 CDT components in a friend of a friend's vehicle. In all honesty, I was not impressed with how they sounded for the price. Although they sounded better than the CDT CL-S60A components that I owned, they didn't sound $600 better.
    that,

vc-100 tweeters sound so much better to me and they don't have the sibilence tw-25 tweeters from their low to middle range comp set got...

blazeplacid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"sounds better" is an opinion

everyone has their idea of what sounds the best to them

CDT ES comp
    Eclipse EA4200 amp on highs
    TC Sounds LMS-r 12"
    nine.1

genxx is offline Team JL Audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you have looked at the HSK165 in the price range I have not heard anything that comes close, other than the Hybrid Audio Clarus. You can get the HSK cheaper though.

I have had a bunch of the CDT stuff all from the HD and ES lines.

I still run some of the HD and ES in the wifes SUV.

For the price it leaves some things to be desired. The only real issue I have ever had with them is their inability to play lower than 80hz and the midrange is just not clear enough or detailed enough.

My wife likes them fine though.

2009 USACi Basic Consumer World Champion, '09 IASCA INAC 2nd Place, 2010 MECA Finals MODEX 4th, '10 OK MODEX State Champion--Addicted to Sound Quality
    '06 F250: JL-Zapco-Pioneer
    '08 Focus-Kenwood-Zapco-ID-Hertz
    Team JL Audio, Team RAAMmat, Team Advantage Audio, Team MSE, Team Zapco

Closed Thread