Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 78

Reload Thread: They came today...

  1. #16
    ejschultz's Avatar
    ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Schererville, IN
    Posts
    2,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: They came today...

    Quote Originally Posted by perfecxionX View Post
    gotta be careful where you buy these. i remember a while back someone bought a set off ebay and after he got them he realized they were fakes
    I'm not worried about them. Techronics is accredited by the Better Business Bureau. Not only that, but fakes are covered under their warranty. If the speakers are found as fakes, I get my money back. There's nothing on them that leads me to believe they are fakes. I'll be attempting to register them with Pioneer today. I'll let you know how that goes.



    94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed




    Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker




  2. #17
    ejschultz's Avatar
    ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Schererville, IN
    Posts
    2,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: They came today...

    Well, the registration on Pioneer's website went well. That's a good sign saying they're real. The serial number was good.



    94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed




    Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

  3. #18
    Wasatch's Avatar
    Wasatch is offline Member



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Layton, Utah
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They came today...

    Very nice, I'm also planning on replacing my speakers with some Premiers.



    2000 Ford Explorer

    Head Unit: Pioneer Premier DEH-P510UB
    Front Stage: Hertz ESK 165
    Amp: Cadence XA250.2 (Orange)
    Sub: Sundown Audio SA-10
    Sub Amp: Alpine MRP-M500
    Wire: Lighting Audio, Tsunami
    Electrical: Optima Yellow Top

  4. #19
    Millertime1028's Avatar
    Millertime1028 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: They came today...

    Good buy. PRS's are probably one of my favorite comp sets to date. For the money the are very hard to beat as said many times. The tweets you will find take alittle time to 'burn' in. I kept mine attenuated -3db with great results.




    -------------- ---------------
    References : lostdaytomorro ,wu501(x3), rednas, gladiator_jai , duece212, Kumquatism, dub22, kovemaster559, mpt947, kramers04 , Phlipbak, Bassbumper15, 1mtx1(x2), kylecanthurdle, DDbump, 88irocZ , Litunerkid, teen, cvjp417, micheallane, jonny101abc, SlappnCentury, brucebruce1546, audioqueboy

  5. #20
    ejschultz's Avatar
    ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Schererville, IN
    Posts
    2,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: They came today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Millertime1028 View Post
    Good buy. PRS's are probably one of my favorite comp sets to date. For the money the are very hard to beat as said many times. The tweets you will find take alittle time to 'burn' in. I kept mine attenuated -3db with great results.
    I'm definitely going to play around with the tweeter settings on it. I do like a somewhat brighter tweeter and these aren't necessarily known for having a bright tweeter so I may go with the +3 dB. I'm planning on starting out on 0 dB and going from there. One review I read about these speakers said that they easily compete with components in the $1500 range, well "you could easily spend two or three times as much and not get a better sounding set of components for your hard-earned bucks."
    Here's a link for the review.

    This review alone almost made my decision for me. It's extremely detailed and goes in depth with different types of music and how the speakers "like" all of them.



    94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed




    Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

  6. #21
    FJF's Avatar
    FJF
    FJF is offline No Team



    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NYS
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They came today...

    Quote Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
    One review I read about these speakers said that they easily compete with components in the $1500 range, well "you could easily spend two or three times as much and not get a better sounding set of components for your hard-earned bucks."
    Here's a link for the review.

    This review alone almost made my decision for me.
    The review was written by the same guy who reviewed my SRs. After installing and tuning the speakers, and rereading the review, I had to wonder WTF he was listening to.

    It's extremely detailed and goes in depth with different types of music and how the speakers "like" all of them.
    This is another car audio absurdity. Why wouldn't a speaker sound good (whatever that means) playing a given genre? It's a rhetorical question, but I think you see my point. Ultimately, the concept of goodness isn't based on performance; it's based on individual preferences and expectations. By delineating a transducer's role relative to specific music, the writer is prorating his own expectations onto the reader. That's ridiculous.



    Alpine - US Acoustics - Earthquake



  7. #22
    cichlid_baby's Avatar
    cichlid_baby is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    274
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They came today...

    Those PRS look nice and very beefy.


    Having read the review link above that you posted.. as well as this one below about the Polks...


    http://www.caraudiomag.com/testrepor...ers/index.html


    Would anyone spend the extra $100-$150 more to get the Polk SR6500?

    Has anyone had both and can share your experience?


    I am very interested in getting me a pair of these Pioneers you have since they are a bit more affordable.

    Let us know what you like or don't like about them when you get it installed.




  8. #23
    FJF's Avatar
    FJF
    FJF is offline No Team



    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NYS
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They came today...

    Quote Originally Posted by cichlid_baby View Post
    Those PRS look nice and very beefy.


    Having read the review link above that you posted.. as well as this one below about the Polks...


    http://www.caraudiomag.com/testrepor...ers/index.html


    Would anyone spend the extra $100-$150 more to get the Polk SR6500?
    Errr...because the Polks offer a higher level of resolution. Whether that's important to a typical car audio costumer whose aural sophistication hinges on tonal balance and frequency response is another story.



    Alpine - US Acoustics - Earthquake



  9. #24
    ejschultz's Avatar
    ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Schererville, IN
    Posts
    2,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: They came today...

    FJF, I'm sorry I don't have readily available resources close by for me to go and listen to every speaker I've ever considered purchasing. Some of us have to take a gamble when purchasing speakers and buy them with regards to online reviews, user feedback, and specs. If I'm not completely happy with them, I can always sell them as LNIB to someone who also wants to give them a try then move on and purchase something else. Not everyone has the "experience" you have. Thank you for contributing to my thread.



    94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed




    Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

  10. #25
    FJF's Avatar
    FJF
    FJF is offline No Team



    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NYS
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They came today...

    Quote Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
    FJF, I'm sorry I don't have readily available resources close by for me to go and listen to every speaker I've ever considered purchasing. Some of us have to take a gamble when purchasing speakers and buy them with regards to online reviews, user feedback, and specs. If I'm not completely happy with them, I can always sell them as LNIB to someone who also wants to give them a try then move on and purchase something else. Not everyone has the "experience" you have. Thank you for contributing to my thread.
    Where did that come from? I think you need to reread my comments.



    Alpine - US Acoustics - Earthquake



  11. #26
    ejschultz's Avatar
    ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Schererville, IN
    Posts
    2,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: They came today...

    Quote Originally Posted by FJF View Post
    The review was written by the same guy who reviewed my SRs. After installing and tuning the speakers, and rereading the review, I had to wonder WTF he was listening to.
    This basically puts me down because I bought the speakers based upon reviews.


    Quote Originally Posted by FJF View Post
    This is another car audio absurdity. Why wouldn't a speaker sound good (whatever that means) playing a given genre? It's a rhetorical question, but I think you see my point. Ultimately, the concept of goodness isn't based on performance; it's based on individual preferences and expectations. By delineating a transducer's role relative to specific music, the writer is prorating his own expectations onto the reader. That's ridiculous.
    As far as a speaker sounding good or not, well we all know some speakers just plain ****. Again, this could be "subjective", however, let me ask you: Would you put a set of Roadmaster speakers in your car? So to say that saying a speaker sounds good is a car audio absurdity, is simply absurd. Not all speakers will sound good, some in fact, will sound like complete sh*t.



    94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed




    Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

  12. #27
    FJF's Avatar
    FJF
    FJF is offline No Team



    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NYS
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They came today...

    Quote Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
    This basically puts me down because I bought the speakers based upon reviews.
    <sigh> That wasn't the intent.

    Would you put a set of Roadmaster speakers in your car?
    Sure, if I liked them.

    So to say that saying a speaker sounds good is a car audio absurdity, is simply absurd. Not all speakers will sound good, some in fact, will sound like complete sh*t.
    I wish you wouldn't put me in this position. I even asked you to reread my comments in hopes of resolving a misunderstanding, but it seem that you have not done that. This is my last try before uploading added text. This is what I wrote:

    "This is another car audio absurdity. Why wouldn't a speaker sound good (whatever that means) playing a given genre? It's a rhetorical question, but I think you see my point. Ultimately, the concept of goodness isn't based on performance; it's based on individual preferences and expectations. By delineating a transducer's role relative to specific music, the writer is prorating his own expectations onto the reader. That's ridiculous".

    Do you get it now?



    Alpine - US Acoustics - Earthquake



  13. #28
    ejschultz's Avatar
    ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Schererville, IN
    Posts
    2,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: They came today...

    I guess I sort of see from where you're coming. However, pick a genre, any genre. Now, play any song from the given genre on a set of factory Delco speakers. How does that sound? To the untrained ear, probably not too shabby. For someone who has even the slightest intuition as to what SQ is, it'll sound like garbage. Sure they can be EQed to help flatten the response and crossovered to take out frequencies the speaker may not be capable of accurately reproducing. However, if those same Delco speakers sound good (an absurdity), then I would have never upgraded to the Alpine 4x6s I started out with 7 years ago. The Delcos sounded like garbage. The Alpines sounded relatively good (another car audio absurdity) to the Delcos. The Focals were a great improvement on the Alpines, again relatively. Now, for the most absurd car audio absurdity, I went on the prowl yet again for an even better sounding set of speakers. Saying that a set of speakers sounds good is such an absurdity, and that all speakers sound good is, in my mind at least, an absurdity. If that were actually the case, my car would be bone stock or have only a CD player installed. I guess upon further consideration, I do not see from where you're coming.



    94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed




    Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

  14. #29
    mikem355's Avatar
    mikem355 is offline used 2 be speedfreak28 :/



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They came today...

    You made a great choice, I dont believe theres a better passive set around that price range. Leave it at that and enjoy




  15. #30
    ejschultz's Avatar
    ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Schererville, IN
    Posts
    2,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: They came today...

    Quote Originally Posted by mikem355 View Post
    You made a great choice, I dont believe theres a better passive set around that price range. Leave it at that and enjoy
    Thanks, and I can't wait to deaden my doors before I install them.



    94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed




    Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum