Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Any speakers sound like this?

trabadoor22 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Any speakers sound like this?

I'm currently looking around seeing what my options are since I only have access to a handful of brands locally. The best sound I personally have heard is from B&W home audio speakers 683's, I believe. Each person will like a different sound, but these matched me perfectly. Problem is they don't make aftermarket car audio. If you haven’t heard them I will try to describe them so it might be possible another car audio speaker might be similar in sound. Midbass was excellent and their midrange is pretty neutral possibly on the dark side. The tweets were metal and very articulate almost on the bright side. So basically I'm looking for excellent midbass, neutral/dark mids with highs on the bright side. If any speakers fit this profile let me know. Price range is roughly $300-$800. I obviously would like to spend on the low side of that, but will spend more for something that suits me. Also sizes I'm looking at are 6.5" or 8" if they can play high enough to work in a two way setup. Thanks.

Jeremy M is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Any speakers sound like this?

first thing that comes to mind.....PG RSDs!

06' Acura MDX
    Pioneer F90bt
    JL Audio XR 653csi
    Alpine PDX 150.2
    JL Audio 13TW5
    Alpine PDX 1000.1
    ------------------
    2010 Mazdaspeed3
    Alpine CDA-9887 (w/ imprint)
    2 sets of ID OEM 6.5
    2 sets of ID XS-28
    PG Xenon x200.4
    1 Atomic 5000.1
    2 RD Alpha D2 15's
    Tons of deadner and wire!

okiedokie is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

I heard the B&W a couple of times, but i cant compare them to any car audio speakers or home raw drivers that i've heard.
    if you want to you can take your home speakers apart & try to mount them in your car.

kevin lu is offline 727south

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if you have money to burn like that go with Rainbow.

Vengaemilio is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trabadoor22 View Post
    I'm currently looking around seeing what my options are since I only have access to a handful of brands locally. The best sound I personally have heard is from B&W home audio speakers 683's, I believe. Each person will like a different sound, but these matched me perfectly. Problem is they don't make aftermarket car audio. If you haven’t heard them I will try to describe them so it might be possible another car audio speaker might be similar in sound. Midbass was excellent and their midrange is pretty neutral possibly on the dark side. The tweets were metal and very articulate almost on the bright side. So basically I'm looking for excellent midbass, neutral/dark mids with highs on the bright side. If any speakers fit this profile let me know. Price range is roughly $300-$800. I obviously would like to spend on the low side of that, but will spend more for something that suits me. Also sizes I'm looking at are 6.5" or 8" if they can play high enough to work in a two way setup. Thanks.
    well, i like B&W home audio speakers most of all.!!

trabadoor22 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've heard good things about Rainbow, but keep in mind I am not looking to just buy an expensive speaker. I am looking for a specific sound. If Rainbow is noted for this sound then I will check them out for sure.

grimreper912003 is offline <- getting a jAy eL 21W8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy M View Post
    first thing that comes to mind.....PG RSDs!
    Wow.... :facepalm:

I have heard Rainbows at my local shop and wouldnt really describ the midbas as "dark", but the tweeters were pretty bright. I ran MB Quart QSD-216's and The midbass was pretty mellow but still strong. I had my tweet set up at -3dB with ~50w RMS. I think with some more power and a little tweeking they may fit you well. Take a look into MB Quart if you can.

Bought/trade: TheLow, Nova76, nate2587, Black3SQ, hessdawg, Rockmo, kovemaster559, GearGuy2001, Bones22, dbman150, notoriousroc1, fasfocus00, canyouhearmatt, pelekeliko, Plyer3, justadork2u, sundownz,kasimo420, Zeuslicious, reynardmc22, Haunz, ciaonzo x2, 350Regal x2, Worstenemy453, woofercooker x2, annarbor84, 99Bonney, K_Schutte + MORE

Sold to: illbmeubu, MTXman, sctattooer, MTX520, AlexJB, dropped mazda, annarbor84
    Nova76 Scammer

Quote Originally Posted by Worstenemy453 View Post
    Lmao i texted him to tell him bout a thread and he said, cant lulz, im at a tity bar. You ********* lulz.

tez4life is offline Premium Member tez4life is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trabadoor22 View Post

See that the thing, you specifically are looking for a certain sound. We can recomend speakers in your price range and size your looking for, but they may not sound anything like what your looking for.

My best suggestion to you is to demo as many speakers as you can. Rainbow makes some excellent stuff as well as ID and several others. But, its up to your ears to decided whats the best for you.

Also, take into account, install plays a huge role in the sound inside a car or truck, sound deadning, and prep to your doors is key. The best speakers in the world would sound like crap with a poor install.

Just some clues to help you on your way, good luck

2004 Ford Crown Victoria

Alpine 9887 HU
    Stock 5x7 door speakers

System is a work in progress.

Closed Thread

User Tag List