Closed Thread

Reload Thread: new comps??

SWFL is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

new comps??

I am going to have 4 15's on around 4-4500rms daily blowthrough 4th order. I need some comps to keep up with them daily. I know one set wont do it, 2 sets maybe. I plan to run 2-3 sets of comps upfront.

I currently have one set of cdt cl-62CF comps. They are good comps however I hear the image dynamics ctx65cs series can get louder and sound better. If possible I am looking for comps that will get loud as cdt and sound better. Only thing my comps are missing is more of the midrange vocals. They have plenty of the upper end on the midrange but just that 500-2k I guess is missing more of the vocals isnt there its more of the upper range overpowers the vocal range sometimes.

I was looking into, ID, Rainbox, Focal, Hertz, DLS, Morel, polk momo, pioneer premier set everyone says is good, or maybe some soundstream or other sets you guys know that will get loud and sound good. If all else fails I guess I will just do selenium or eminence drivers would rather not.

For power I have a kicker 850.4 soon to add another one so I have more than enough power.

REFS-
    Bought from-Basscort2009, Exige, Mobeious, cutdawg84, Galaticmonkey, mrwigglezdj, jack0409, DC_Power_Rob, dappa5, blkbeater
    Traded with-Dbboom
    Sold to-Busabob, acubsfan, integra88, bigbear, armed, jb513, mindjob360, pickup1, bushj311, callitdone, lysfys, Treads4heads, larnerj, grassroots, alex5857

MBrock4u is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: new comps??

Image dynamics mids are just outstanding. They can get very loud and sound great doing it.

okiedokie is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MBrock4u View Post
    Image dynamics mids are just outstanding. They can get very loud and sound great doing it.
    They are only rated at 100rms this set i am looking at running 3 of those sets maybe 2 if i can get by with 2 sets.
    http://www.woofersetc.com/p6201/CTX6...ker-System.htm
    Only rated at 100rms that kinda worried me from going to those from cdt rated at 165rms. can the ID's handle the same power, my amp is a 175x4@4ohms underated kicker 850.4

Want to do 2 mids per door, and a tweeter, and a mid and tweeter per kick, and the last set of tweeters throw one in each a pillar.

What kind of eq or xover do I need with that setup?? my HU only is a 7 band eq

REFS-
    Bought from-Basscort2009, Exige, Mobeious, cutdawg84, Galaticmonkey, mrwigglezdj, jack0409, DC_Power_Rob, dappa5, blkbeater
    Traded with-Dbboom
    Sold to-Busabob, acubsfan, integra88, bigbear, armed, jb513, mindjob360, pickup1, bushj311, callitdone, lysfys, Treads4heads, larnerj, grassroots, alex5857

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

REFS-
    Traded with-Dbboom

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I have 4 15's in a wall and my front stage keeps up no problem and sounds very good. 2 AA CF mids per door and a cheapo tweeter array in each A-pillar. $4 Hi-Vi fabric domes from madisound. I do run it all active and have a 13band EQ so that helps.

If you can run active that opens up a lot more possibilities for drivers. I only run around 4x90watts, so it's pretty efficient also...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey pm me where you got those AA mids from i wanted to maybe look at those but cant find any specs or prices anywhere

can i run a 9886 active??

or should i keep my pioneer 6000ub and get a external EQ kicker 30 band or audio control

REFS-
    Traded with-Dbboom

ninjawhiteboy12 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im not sure if they are out yet but the audiopulse rmb with a set of horns would be good
    http://www.audiopulse.com/products/components/rmb

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

those do look nice, thinking of saying screw it and run some selenium mids and tweeters ha

REFS-
    Traded with-Dbboom

ninjawhiteboy12 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea, IDK if CDT is gonna give me what I am looking for without going active or a better EQ, they are missing that 250-2k hz range, or w/e the majority of the vocal range is, the highs end they have no problem just the lower midrange they lack sometimes the actual music overpowers the voice in the songs

REFS-
    Traded with-Dbboom

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bump

REFS-
    Traded with-Dbboom

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bump

REFS-
    Traded with-Dbboom

Closed Thread