Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Why is it so tough to get good customer service (Yes JBL I'm talking to you)

Alter Ego Trip is offline Witty Statement Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why is it so tough to get good customer service (Yes JBL I'm talking to you)

If I go to Walmart and purchase a Kraco I would expect crappy customer support, if any at all.

I purchase a set of JBL 660GTI component speakers. Hmmm let's see here, MSRP on them is $2,000.00. For $2,000.00 they should come with their own little guy in the box to install them. But they don't, so I get the fun task. So I decide to call JBL to pick their brain a little bit on placement recommendations, etc. After 3 call's I've decided to put up a little list to help good ol JBL out with their horrible customer service.

1) I'm probably the least racist person I know, but is it too much to ask, to get someone who can speak fluent English, or at the very least is remotely understandable? I don't know where in India JBL's plant is located, but it is apparently no where near any English speaking centers.

2) I know JBL offers a few different products, but I don't think it's asking for too much to train your "tech's" (I use this term loosely), to know what they are talking about. It doesn't say much for a company when those who represent you have no idea what bi amping is, or what a waveguide does.

3) If you don't know the answer, please don't make it up. If I ask you a question pertaining to install, etc. and you obviously have no idea what I'm talking about, please don't respond with some ignorant statement hoping it will satisy me.

4) If you know that transferring someone will just send them to an empty voicemail box in la la land, don't lie to them by saying you will have someone on the other end take over the call who can better assist them.

Don't even get me started on Alpine. I purchased a W404 media center for my truck and the manual states you can upload APN files as backgrounds. Well I can't get it to work so I call Alpine for some assistance. They guy proceeds to tell me I'm apparently not burning the file correctly onto the disc. I literally spend 10 minutes arguing with him that a 404 doesn't have a CD slot.

Rant off.

Hoodlum007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Why is it so tough to get good customer service (Yes JBL I'm talking to you)

JBL has all tech support calls forwarded to your local 7-11.

Stephen_c is offline MR. Crunk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Why is it so tough to get good customer service (Yes JBL I'm talking to you)

u mad?

=

Refs: Ryan1126, SPL-Master, andrewmoore13, jonsey
    SMD refs : 00sdime00, Mrbubbles00482

Lakota is offline Doesn't Know $hit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Small companies ftw!

Ben Hemp
    1992 GMC Sonoma Ext Cab NEW BUILD
    2008 MECA S1 KY State Champion, 151.0 dB
    2008 MECA S1 WorldChampion, 151.8 dB
    2010 MECA scores: 150.9 dB S2, 151.6 dB S3
    Refs: smd4life, Subst4nce, wccoug21, dacheatham, thegreatestpenn, jshak07

Alter Ego Trip is offline Witty Statement Here

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodlum007 View Post
    JBL has all tech support calls forwarded to your local 7-11.
    LOL. Now that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_c View Post
    u mad?
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with your uneducated internet slang. Please rephrase the question in the form of an intelligent response.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakota View Post
    Small companies ftw!
    For sure.

Jared530 is offline Drop bombs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol **** i would be heated

Refs: Kevokrook77, Cheapo, Killahbean, Coolwazabi, ShinyChromes(SCAMMER), Jnoel, matrxx dude, ssackett, Josh #44(SCAMMER), tc3k101, matrxx dude

Heide264 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still better than modern day "Eclipse" after having fujitsu-Idon'tgiveadarn-aboutmycustomers buy them out.

I have their P26T tweeters from their power series (one series down from yours).. I thought they were a bit harsh at first, but when I put the windows down man they sound good =). Very happy with them actually. Mounts are pretty nice too if you are a perfectionist after you figure them out.

Closed Thread