Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Reload Thread: Tuning speakers?

  1. #1
    TheJuggla1's Avatar
    TheJuggla1 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Surrey BC
    Posts
    248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Tuning speakers?

    How do I set my gains ect on my speakers and tweeders, I got a 4 channel amp running in the front 2 " kickers + tweeders and the rear 2 6x9(forget what kind not really that big of a deal) the kickers cross over has a switch(inside of it you have to take the panel off to get to it) that says + 0 + 3 and +6 db. How do I know when the speakers sound perfect?

    The kickers are new, but fairly broken in, I can get about 20/35 on them with max bass without cracking.







  2. #2
    khmara's Avatar
    khmara is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    a
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tuning speakers?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJuggla1 View Post
    How do I set my gains ect on my speakers and tweeders, I got a 4 channel amp running in the front 2 " kickers + tweeders and the rear 2 6x9(forget what kind not really that big of a deal) the kickers cross over has a switch(inside of it you have to take the panel off to get to it) that says + 0 + 3 and +6 db. How do I know when the speakers sound perfect?

    The kickers are new, but fairly broken in, I can get about 20/35 on them with max bass without cracking.
    LOL! Tweeders... Its tweeters..

    Well, you know when it sounds perfect when your ears like it.

    Do you have a HPF on them? I don't see why you have bass max on them..




  3. #3
    thaster's Avatar
    thaster is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tuning speakers?

    go read the gain setting tutorial



    Acura Integra

    HEADUNIT - Pioneer AVIC N2
    FRONTSTAGE - Crystal SSCS6 component system
    REAR - None
    FRONTSTAGE AMP - Diamond Audio d3 400.4
    SUBWOOFER - Image Dynamics IDQv3 12 inch
    SUBWOOFER AMP - Alpine PDX 1.600
    SUBWOOFER BOX - 1.9^3 @ 28 hz ported box designed by JBLCAMRY and built by BJ FISHER

  4. #4
    TheJuggla1's Avatar
    TheJuggla1 is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Surrey BC
    Posts
    248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tuning speakers?

    Quote Originally Posted by khmara View Post
    LOL! Tweeders... Its tweeters..

    Well, you know when it sounds perfect when your ears like it.

    Do you have a HPF on them? I don't see why you have bass max on them..
    YA sorry I ALWAYS make that spelling error, what is a HPF and whats it have to do with bass?

    Where is the gain guide?




  5. #5
    thaster's Avatar
    thaster is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tuning speakers?




    Acura Integra

    HEADUNIT - Pioneer AVIC N2
    FRONTSTAGE - Crystal SSCS6 component system
    REAR - None
    FRONTSTAGE AMP - Diamond Audio d3 400.4
    SUBWOOFER - Image Dynamics IDQv3 12 inch
    SUBWOOFER AMP - Alpine PDX 1.600
    SUBWOOFER BOX - 1.9^3 @ 28 hz ported box designed by JBLCAMRY and built by BJ FISHER

  6. #6
    TheJuggla1's Avatar
    TheJuggla1 is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Surrey BC
    Posts
    248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tuning speakers?

    One more question, is says something about turning off the head units internal amp, how do I do that?




  7. #7
    thaster's Avatar
    thaster is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tuning speakers?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJuggla1 View Post
    One more question, is says something about turning off the head units internal amp, how do I do that?
    dont worry about that



    Acura Integra

    HEADUNIT - Pioneer AVIC N2
    FRONTSTAGE - Crystal SSCS6 component system
    REAR - None
    FRONTSTAGE AMP - Diamond Audio d3 400.4
    SUBWOOFER - Image Dynamics IDQv3 12 inch
    SUBWOOFER AMP - Alpine PDX 1.600
    SUBWOOFER BOX - 1.9^3 @ 28 hz ported box designed by JBLCAMRY and built by BJ FISHER

  8. #8
    skateboardkid's Avatar
    skateboardkid is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ashland oregon
    Posts
    1,430
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tuning speakers?

    max bass as in, you don't have a sub woofer - or are you trying to blow your components - I give em a few more weeks at "max bass"

    see the tutorial - If I came over and spent 4 hours tuning your system to be perfect to my ears - you probably would not like it - its perfect when you like it and you can listen for hours without getting tired of it. When you are like gidddy to listen to a new CD - that's set up about right.



    “It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.”
    -Benjamin Frankin

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxPro5 View Post
    True midbass begins when the impact is so accurate and realistic that it sounds like someone is beating on the front part of your dash with a baseball bat.

  9. #9
    TheJuggla1's Avatar
    TheJuggla1 is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Surrey BC
    Posts
    248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tuning speakers?

    Quote Originally Posted by skateboardkid View Post
    max bass as in, you don't have a sub woofer - or are you trying to blow your components - I give em a few more weeks at "max bass"

    see the tutorial - If I came over and spent 4 hours tuning your system to be perfect to my ears - you probably would not like it - its perfect when you like it and you can listen for hours without getting tired of it. When you are like gidddy to listen to a new CD - that's set up about right.
    By max bass I meant on my head unit you can change the bass from -7 all the way to +7, I meant I had it at +7 and could turn it to about 20/35Volume without it cracking/distorting so far.




Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum