Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Suggestions for 07 mustang

Bama Shadow is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Suggestions for 07 mustang

I am slowly but surely designing a system for my stang. I want to replace everything. Should I go for 5x7/6x8 comps in the doors or 6 1/2 with a plate ?

Also what would be good to replace the factory 8" sub in the doors ?I was looking at 8" mid bass drivers, 8" component sets, and 8" coaxials and am not sure which would be best. I do know I want to put something in there tho.

I would rather keep it under a grand for 4 in the front and 2 rear coaxials and would prefer to have matching speakers. Amp will be a Zapco reference 1000.4 and probably a ref 350.2 for the rear. Subs will be IA Li 12's ported with a zapco reference 1100.1, or maybe an ia 20.1 @ 2 ohms. I want my components to be loud and clear and shine on classic rock such as AC/DC, KISS, etc. I love the volume knob and will set it all up properly, but I want something that will get loud without distorting itself to death. Head unit is a Pioneer 3100-DVD.

So lets hear it, I have looked at Focal, Polk, Boston, etc. and would like to know which might best perform with what I am wanting to do. I dont get a chance to demo much here in my lil corner of the world so anything yall can do to help would be appreciated.

gunz4me is offline Goodbye!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Suggestions for 07 mustang

The 8" door speaker location are slim mounts and will either require removal of the pods, or extensive modifications to accommodate a 8" driver with a depth greater than 3". Hell, even the 8" Pioneer slim mounts will require the use of a heat gun to melt and reform a small spot in the factory pods.

Next, I am going to tell you that the trunk *****! I came close to removing the back seat and building my subwoofer enclosure there, but along came a $1,200 tax rebate and that allowed me to get a Stealthbox that tucks neatly out the way where the factory subwoofer would have gone. I wish you luck in shoe horning a pair of 12s into your trunk. I wish you even more luck if you intend to do this AND keep the spare tire!

As for mid/high speakers... Focal, Polk, Boston, Image Dynamics, Alpine SPX Pro, Hertz, etc. are all decent brands and your INSTALL technique will play a much bigger part than your speaker selection!

Goodbye pudknockers.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanx, I have 2 12's in a pre fab sealed box in there now, but I know I am leaving some on the table. I am figuring on the spare being non-existant, and may even do a floor amp mount under plexiglas or sumpen. I didn't realize what a pain the 8's would be, maybe I'll just build a pod for a second set of 6 1/2's or sumpen. Any idea anyone about which high end components shine on metal ? Steve cook locally will probably handle the doors, he is well known in SPL and SQ competitions. As bad as it chaps me to hire someone since I have always done my own installs, I guess with the good stuff I will leave this one to the pro.

duece212 is offline Buddy Christ!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

as said above the 8" door mounts are shallow, but with a little heat and cutting/molding they can take a deeper driver. The actual enclosure is tiny though so it may be hard to find a driver that plays well in them. I learned that dayton ref 8's didn't work well in the 8" door enclosures.

Innovative:Cory is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dynaudio makes a good 3 way component set a 8" 3" and 1.1"....if i can fit the 8" in the door of an Eclipse you should be able to get one in your door......

Hybrid Audio also makes a very good 8" 3way setup... again.. I know the Hybrid 8" will fit in the door of your body style Mustang because my buddy just built one....

You can get the Hybrid with an 8", 4" and 1"...or whatever combination you want....but that is the one I suggest.... I know a few people in Alabama who run both makes and would demo them to you no questions asked....

Refs:

Rhoughton1, Captincheesey,Snoopdan,

Sold to: 1980Supreme, KH971, fatboyracing(couple of times)

Bought from: Brian GT PRO, Aztec

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Innovative:Cory View Post
    Dynaudio makes a good 3 way component set a 8" 3" and 1.1"....if i can fit the 8" in the door of an Eclipse you should be able to get one in your door......

Hybrid Audio also makes a very good 8" 3way setup... again.. I know the Hybrid 8" will fit in the door of your body style Mustang because my buddy just built one....

You can get the Hybrid with an 8", 4" and 1"...or whatever combination you want....but that is the one I suggest.... I know a few people in Alabama who run both makes and would demo them to you no questions asked....
    Thanx, that would be great as I would love to hear some. I an in the NW corner of Alabama, close to Florence. i see you are in southern IN, e'ville by any chance ? My ex lives there and I've been there a few times.

Closed Thread