Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just installed Digital Designs high end componends DDA-W

Installed:

Two Digital Designs DDA-W 6.5 drivers
    Four Digital Designs DDA -T28
    Two Digital Designs DDA-X02 x-overs
    http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/dda.asp

First I don't have ton of experience with a lot of different components but these where a direct swap out for Dynaudio esotec 222. You may ask why swap out for those bad *** Dynaudio. And I agree that the Dynaudio's are probably the best car audio speakers that I've ever heard but they where limited in output and that's reason for swap.

Install was pretty basic with two tweeters in the dash and two in the doors. We went with 4 tweeters due to the distance from driver to dash was about 3 feet and separation was noticeable. We made driver mounts and then sound deaden them to the doors so it was one solid piece. And since these components as a whole handle more power then the Dynaudio's I right away and bridged the 4 channel orion 800.4 to run the front to back like a left to right to give them as much power as possible.

So first impressions with listening with the xover tweeter on 4 ohms out of the 4/8ohms option and tweeters in parallel we where happy with output but already they where not as natural sounding as the dynaudio so already a little disappointed. BUT WAIT Realizing that bridging the amp also makes makes the signal less clean we wired it like we had it with the dynaudio's just using the front two channels. And OMG what a difference in the sound quality from the amp. The less power was apparent with less midbass pop but the volume was still good and the clearity was largely improved. So now I'm getting happier.

Then last we played with x-over by trying the 4/8ohms tweeter option and 8ohms sounded better and for what ever reason the tweeters wired in series rather then parallel sounded better also.

Final impression is we're very impressed. Very clean and very loud and in my opinion very close to the Dynaudio esotec 222. Midrange and midbass hugely improved and very smooth tweeters, not harsh at all once tuned to liking. Over all for the money extremely happy sound quality coming from Dynaudio's.

Next step is to get more "clean" power to them because it was apparent that they liked the more power.
    Last edited by dtbrown; 07-05-2009 at 10:46 PM.

So far loudest Toyota Yaris with two 10's.

154.1 certified (new rules) on termlab Db Drag Street A. Equipment: DD 9510's and one Stetsom 7k2d on a small Stinger 1750
    155.3 on termlab Db Drag Street A 2007 WF 4th place. Equipment: DD 9510's and two Stetsom 7kd's with a Cacuts Sounds CS9000 Battery.

Wkbdkid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Just installed Digital Designs high end componends DDA-W

Nice lil review. I jus bought 2 sets of the same tweets an dont know what to do for mids an x overs yet.So you have 2 tweets an 1 mid per side?

Refs: ToxicTuan, LivinLife, BigWill, Bushtree,Chaarlieee,80INCHES, SupaC,Rtillaree,Dalucifer, Dumple91, CRXBMPN, Shallowfu, Calikid, 90accordman, Zeuslicious, IonSQL, Quino, Slowbmw,Twisztdpunisher,
    themommyvan, MSW Danny, Theelfkeeper, Fusion FREAK, Bigtymer2306, keviNxL, WooferCooker, Team H & K, Luv2Shroom

James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

weak

dtbrown is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Bang View Post
    weak
    Weak review? Funny that I even said that I don't have the most experience with components. What did you expect? My experience with components is all mid to high end.

154.1 certified (new rules) on termlab Db Drag Street A. Equipment: DD 9510's and one Stetsom 7k2d on a small Stinger 1750
    155.3 on termlab Db Drag Street A 2007 WF 4th place. Equipment: DD 9510's and two Stetsom 7kd's with a Cacuts Sounds CS9000 Battery.

dtbrown is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wkbdkid View Post
    Nice lil review. I jus bought 2 sets of the same tweets an dont know what to do for mids an x overs yet.So you have 2 tweets an 1 mid per side?
    Correct. And the DD x-over is pretty killer for the money.

Closed Thread