Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Who on here has done it????

Parker G is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who on here has done it????

Like the title states who on here has done it? Who's splurged and bought some DC Gold speakers? I've been really wanting some but want to know if they're worth the extra money?

REFS: ljbaron,pioneerpimp,skinner070,drivingwreckless,Re dgp,cecaa850,tribaljames,Sundownz,Rio and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnutz View Post
    I could never eat black pussy. That's like eating roast beef except it probably tastes like fried chicken.

Subs: 4 Audiopulse Revo 15's
    Amps: 2 SAZ3KD's & 100.4
    Batts: 7 Stinger SPV 70's
    Alt: 300 amp Irragi

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Who on here has done it????

Here's a link for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about... http://www.dcgoldaudio.com/

REFS: ljbaron,pioneerpimp,skinner070,drivingwreckless,Re dgp,cecaa850,tribaljames,Sundownz,Rio and more.

I could never eat black pussy. That's like eating roast beef except it probably tastes like fried chicken.

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Interesting stuff. I've found a couple things on Fullrangedriver and DIYAudio, and a thread where the owner was posting: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...threadid=55714

$4-500 isn't out of line for a good full range driver, more expensive than the Fostex Sigmas but cheaper than the Seas Exotic 8" or most Lowthers.

I'd probably want more reviews before choosing it over another proven design.

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I've also been eyeballing those drivers.

Haven't owned any but I would like to try a couple models and test them out.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

fasfocus00 is offline doITdaWHITEwayORdoITtwice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

if they use a 22k gold coil, i think that would make it worth it b/c gold expells heat faster than any other metal. outside of that, for a HT setup i'll take my chances elsewere.

Here is my feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ght=fasfocus00

"If you ain't cheatin', You ain't trying"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimJ View Post
    Interesting stuff. I've found a couple things on Fullrangedriver and DIYAudio, and a thread where the owner was posting: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...threadid=55714

$4-500 isn't out of line for a good full range driver, more expensive than the Fostex Sigmas but cheaper than the Seas Exotic 8" or most Lowthers.

I'd probably want more reviews before choosing it over another proven design.
    Thnx Jimj and you'll be recieving a pm from me in a little while

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    I've also been eyeballing those drivers.

Haven't owned any but I would like to try a couple models and test them out.

You should! Then let me know what your personal comparsions are and if you'd buy them again and all that great stuff

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parker G View Post
    You should! Then let me know what your personal comparsions are and if you'd buy them again and all that great stuff
    I'll be sure to let you know if/when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Closed Thread