Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Jl Audio

.TODD is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jl Audio

my car is a competition hopper and i dont have anyroom in the trunk so i was thinking about puting the tw5s in the rear deck can i do it 85 buick regal i also need a headunit that wontskip again no room in the trunk

anj46907 is offline No Longer Truckin

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Jl Audio

ummmmm. is there a question in there somewhere???

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anj46907 View Post
    ummmmm. is there a question in there somewhere???
    yeah that would make snese first is jl any good i here nothing but goodthings but forums are the ones who really know?

and will they fit in my rear and are they good?

dalucifer is offline Not Minion Approved

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

go take a tape measure and see if they will fit.. Not everyone has your car, so you have to answer your own questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

everyone has the opinions on JL

as far as it fitting, i doubt you can succesfully run a subwoofer in the rear.

you may need to cut out and custom that area to be able to run a woofer you cant just cut a hole and drop them in and expect them to bump

FurbiesAndBeans is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd wait for the SI BM v2 to come out. It looks like it has a lot of potential, better than the JL

2009 Mazdaspeed 3
    Headunit - Stock
    Speakers - Stock
    Subwoofer - 10" RD Sonance Flatwound D2
    Subwoofer box - 1.25 cu ft tuned to 35hz
    Subwoofer amp - Absolute EVD-2200
    Wiring - 4ga KnuKonceptz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah that makes sense i will just have to settle for 6 1/2 i belive thats what i have can someone tell me whats in a 85 regal speaker dimesions

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you can use that area and do some real nice mid bass drivers and utilize all the space in the front and doors, dont have to put a sub in the rear fill area to get some clean bass

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anj46907 View Post
    you can use that area and do some real nice mid bass drivers and utilize all the space in the front and doors, dont have to put a sub in the rear fill area to get some clean bass
    any recommondations i will take pics of the rear soon the car isnt sound sytem oriented but i want somethin that sounds nice to get an idea of my taste my girl has a bone stock g6 with the bose system in it sounds good but i want just a tad more

TurdFergueson2 is offline Team D.O.A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .TODD View Post
    my car is a competition hopper and i dont have anyroom in the trunk so i was thinking about puting the tw5s in the rear deck can i do it 85 buick regal i also need a headunit that wontskip again no room in the trunk

I was thinking of doing something across my back seat. Not walled, but maybe 2 12s or 15s below window line. I was thinking of that or just some 6x9s back there. I got the same year Monte Carlo. Another idea I had was some shallow mounts in the back area on the sides. I've seen someone do 6 and 1/2s back there

Sold to: Rc10Mike, Philpbak, pbnj123, WALKSUP, silvercookie, Sir Smoke Alot
    Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TurdFergueson2 View Post
    I was thinking of doing something across my back seat. Not walled, but maybe 2 12s or 15s below window line. I was thinking of that or just some 6x9s back there. I got the same year Monte Carlo. Another idea I had was some shallow mounts in the back area on the sides. I've seen someone do 6 and 1/2s back there
    yeah thats what i think i was gonna do 6 1/2 in the reardeck but i need somethin shallow my rear cylinders in my trunk come up pretty high, what size are stocks ones for that year maybe i will just replace them with the same size of aftermarket dont wanna go cutting **** up who makes a good 6 1/2 and amp combo?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cant be puttin no junk in my car its gotta be made in the us would appericaite any expirenced opinions i have a reputation to up hold

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah thats what i think i was gonna do 6 1/2 in the reardeck but i need somethin shallow my rear cylinders in my trunk come up pretty high, what size are stocks ones for that year maybe i will just replace them with the same size of aftermarket dont wanna go cutting **** up who makes a good 6 1/2 and amp combo?
    I think they were 4x6s, but when I bought it there were 6x9s in it. There are a lot of options for 6x9s. I haven't really started my build yet so I have no idea what those 6x9s are. they do't sound all that good whatever they are. I was thinking maybe some Polks or something like that for the rear. You not doing anything up front?

Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

Worlddre is offline Big Darkie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FurbiesAndBeans View Post
    I'd wait for the SI BM v2 to come out. It looks like it has a lot of potential, better than the JL
    please explain how and why

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cant be puttin no junk in my car its gotta be made in the us would appericaite any expirenced opinions i have a reputation to up hold

Very nice............ what motor is that? I just have the stock 305. That's gonna come out soon.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast