Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Reload Thread: Morel Customer Service *****.....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Morel Customer Service *****.....



    I bought a set of used Morel Tempo's and one of the mid's was broken (my fault during install) and I have been trying to contact somebody @ Morel for about a week and when I finally reached the "tech support" I asked him to buy one mid or a set of tempo mids and he proceded to tell me that I either had to buy a set of Dotech mids or buy a whole new set of tempos.....

    Then I asked him about distortion and he told me that since my amp was rated @ 160 bridged and even though I set the gain that it was putting out 160rms regardless....

    He literally said that if my gain was all the way up or down that the amp is putting out 160rms..... and that It was too much power.

    I am extremely disappointed at their customer service and their lack of ability to even try to find a solution to my problem....

    Just wanted people to know before they go out and get the shaft like I did...


    On another note....

    Does anybody have a 6.5 morel tempo mid F/S?????



    I enjoy the sound of pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    2 Ohm speakers offer higher fidelity due to how freely the cone moves with lower wattage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    wow! why so mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    look it up. it has a bigger thump to it.




  2. #2
    Supergumby5000's Avatar
    Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...



    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pullman, WA
    Posts
    8,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Morel Customer Service *****.....

    Morel probably orders everything in sets, so selling you a single component ruins a whole set for them. They are only being logical

    As for the RMS wattage comment, yeah that guys an idiot.

    Just buy a new set. I bet if you get back on the phone with them and tell them you have a blown set you would like to replace, they will cut you a price deal



    .
    Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    .
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

  3. #3
    Shinju's Avatar
    Shinju is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4,821
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

    Re: Morel Customer Service *****.....

    Well, You bought them used, You messed it up on install.

    They responded to your question and told you that you had to much power to them

    And also gave you options to buy a new set.


    Seems like the customer service was fine to me, Not stellar but they did respond to your questions and gave you options. Might have not been what you wanted to hear but that doesnt make ****** customer service.



    List of Ref's Just ask, Shinju on all Car Audio Forums!


    Flawless Ebay Feedback User: Shadox2k2

  4. #4
    williambrea's Avatar
    williambrea is offline DD>AQ

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Morel Customer Service *****.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Supergumby5000 View Post
    Morel probably orders everything in sets, so selling you a single component ruins a whole set for them. They are only being logical

    As for the RMS wattage comment, yeah that guys an idiot.

    Just buy a new set. I bet if you get back on the phone with them and tell them you have a blown set you would like to replace, they will cut you a price deal
    When they I said that it wasnt from a dealer his tone completely changed...
    Pulled a Terminator Audio....

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinju View Post
    Well, You bought them used, You messed it up on install.

    They responded to your question and told you that you had to much power to them

    And also gave you options to buy a new set.


    Seems like the customer service was fine to me, Not stellar but they did respond to your questions and gave you options. Might have not been what you wanted to hear but that doesnt make ****** customer service.
    Well, It was not what I wanted to hear but them not having individual components is a huge let-down and I would not expect them from a nice company.... But hey they are Jew-Speakers

    And yes the guy was completely arrogant and did not try to help me....
    I had to ask what I needed to do to get something done, and literally beg this guy to get any info from him.

    The Indian customer service from Microsoft was more helpful in my case...



    I enjoy the sound of pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    2 Ohm speakers offer higher fidelity due to how freely the cone moves with lower wattage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    wow! why so mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    look it up. it has a bigger thump to it.

  5. #5
    Supergumby5000's Avatar
    Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...



    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pullman, WA
    Posts
    8,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Morel Customer Service *****.....

    Quote Originally Posted by williambrea View Post
    When they I said that it wasnt from a dealer his tone completely changed...
    Pulled a Terminator Audio....
    Your own fault for getting crappy service. You arent helping their business at all by not buying from them, so they could care less about you

    call back in a few days, dont tell them that, and ask for a new set.



    .
    Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    .
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

  6. #6
    williambrea's Avatar
    williambrea is offline DD>AQ

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Morel Customer Service *****.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Supergumby5000 View Post
    Your own fault for getting crappy service. You arent helping their business at all by not buying from them, so they could care less about you

    call back in a few days, dont tell them that, and ask for a new set.
    I hate companies that are pissy about that^^

    Yea ill probably end up doing that, but not talking to tech support..

    I bet if I pitch a ***** and talk to some higher-ups they will do work



    I enjoy the sound of pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    2 Ohm speakers offer higher fidelity due to how freely the cone moves with lower wattage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    wow! why so mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    look it up. it has a bigger thump to it.

  7. #7
    Lugnutz's Avatar
    Lugnutz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    3,664
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Morel Customer Service *****.....

    That is the American way. Keep bitching till you get what you want.




  8. #8
    Flipx99's Avatar
    Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Building 100
    Posts
    23,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Morel Customer Service *****.....

    Most higher quality manufacturers sell individual pieces...not where you can buy just one though...but just a set of mids. It seems like they'd offer to sell you a set of mids v. forcing you to buy a whole componet set.




    Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing


    I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

    If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

  9. #9
    williambrea's Avatar
    williambrea is offline DD>AQ

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Morel Customer Service *****.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Flipx99 View Post
    Most higher quality manufacturers sell individual pieces...not where you can buy just one though...but just a set of mids. It seems like they'd offer to sell you a set of mids v. forcing you to buy a whole componet set.
    yea I asked for individual mids first and then asked for a set....

    But no sireeee those mids arent expensive enough to sell separately...

    I would have to buy dotech mids 399 or another set of tempos 350



    I enjoy the sound of pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    2 Ohm speakers offer higher fidelity due to how freely the cone moves with lower wattage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    wow! why so mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    look it up. it has a bigger thump to it.

  10. #10
    Flipx99's Avatar
    Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Building 100
    Posts
    23,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Morel Customer Service *****.....

    Quote Originally Posted by williambrea View Post
    yea I asked for individual mids first and then asked for a set....

    But no sireeee those mids arent expensive enough to sell separately...

    I would have to buy dotech mids 399 or another set of tempos 350
    Maybe contact 6spdcoupe, as he is a morel dealer. I don't think he can get you an individual driver, but a set of the mids.




    Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing


    I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

    If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

  11. #11
    DEdwards's Avatar
    DEdwards is offline Vanilla Gorilla of SQ



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Roanoke,Va
    Posts
    605
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Morel Customer Service *****.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Flipx99 View Post
    Most higher quality manufacturers sell individual pieces...not where you can buy just one though...but just a set of mids. It seems like they'd offer to sell you a set of mids v. forcing you to buy a whole componet set.

    It is this way the customer gets a warrenty with the product from the company not a 3rd party(which most of the time isn't even a valid warrenty)



    David Edwards
    2009 Meca Master SQ World Champion
    2008 Meca ModEx SQ World Champion

  12. #12
    NoPh33rRaCiNg's Avatar
    NoPh33rRaCiNg is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kent, WA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Morel Customer Service *****.....

    i had same problem when i blew an RE mid, i went to a new dealer that opened up and they finally got them to send out a new mid, they were trying to get them to buy a whole set too



    Team DC Audio : Team NWSPL : Team Shok


  13. #13
    williambrea's Avatar
    williambrea is offline DD>AQ

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Morel Customer Service *****.....

    Quote Originally Posted by NoPh33rRaCiNg View Post
    i had same problem when i blew an RE mid, i went to a new dealer that opened up and they finally got them to send out a new mid, they were trying to get them to buy a whole set too
    So you got an individual mid?



    I enjoy the sound of pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    2 Ohm speakers offer higher fidelity due to how freely the cone moves with lower wattage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    wow! why so mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    look it up. it has a bigger thump to it.

  14. #14
    bass_lover1's Avatar
    bass_lover1 is offline Metal Head \m/ \m/



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NPR, FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Morel Customer Service *****.....

    Quote Originally Posted by williambrea View Post
    I hate companies that are pissy about that^^

    Yea ill probably end up doing that, but not talking to tech support..

    I bet if I pitch a ***** and talk to some higher-ups they will do work

    You didn't buy it from an authorized dealer, and the guy you got it off probably didn't either. There aren't many companies out there that I know of that will honor something like that. If there is, kudos to them, but they aren't required to.

    Try buying an illegal copy of Windows Vista, and calling MS for tech support, I bet they'd be really helpful too.


    However, I know these aren't even close to the same mids, but: http://www.madisound.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=8439



    - Alpine CDA-9887 - AudioControl DQS - Linear Power 652I - B&G Neo3 - Clarion DPX 2251 - Vifa XT18 - Clarion DPX 1851 - Alpine SWX-1243D -

  15. #15
    Flipx99's Avatar
    Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Building 100
    Posts
    23,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Morel Customer Service *****.....

    Quote Originally Posted by DEdwards View Post
    It is this way the customer gets a warrenty with the product from the company not a 3rd party(which most of the time isn't even a valid warrenty)
    I don't see the issue from the manufacturer's perspective between a damaged mid purchased from a dealer and the customer jacked it up vs. customer jacked it up without purchasing from an unauthorized dealer. Either way, the product wouldn't be under warranty.

    Also, I need to PM you maybe. I has the depth.




    Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing


    I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

    If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum