Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Will this work?

kfx450r is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will this work?

Just bought a new amp for my sub. Now i have this old sony 2 channel amp. Says 450x1 at 2 ohm rms..(i know overrated but not the point), but on factory speakers my sub with this amp on it badly overpowered my music so with 800 watts going to it i feel i need some 6x9s. My question is..can i wire 4x 2 ohm 6x9s to this amp? Also with this amp and a hifonics 1500 would I need an extra battery of some sort with the hifonics being run at 2 ohm. Im doing the big 3 and all 0 gauge wire, could I get away with this? Or would it be a must to add anoter battery like a hc600 or 800 or something. I wanna be able to wire all 4 6x9s to a final 2 ohm load to the amp so it should be about 100wrms x 4. Ultimatly if this cant be done id be fine with just 2 6x9s if that makes things easier, but i planned on just turning off all my stock door speakers and just having the 6x9s.

fasfocus00 is online now doITdaWHITEwayORdoITtwice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: Will this work?

Quote Originally Posted by kfx450r View Post
    Just bought a new amp for my sub. Now i have this old sony 2 channel amp. Says 450x1 at 2 ohm rms..(i know overrated but not the point), but on factory speakers my sub with this amp on it badly overpowered my music so with 800 watts going to it i feel i need some 6x9s. My question is..can i wire 4x 2 ohm 6x9s to this amp? Also with this amp and a hifonics 1500 would I need an extra battery of some sort with the hifonics being run at 2 ohm. Im doing the big 3 and all 0 gauge wire, could I get away with this? Or would it be a must to add anoter battery like a hc600 or 800 or something. I wanna be able to wire all 4 6x9s to a final 2 ohm load to the amp so it should be about 100wrms x 4. Ultimatly if this cant be done id be fine with just 2 6x9s if that makes things easier, but i planned on just turning off all my stock door speakers and just having the 6x9s.
    point of 4 6x9s? you will either get a 1 ohm load or 4 ohm load with 4 unless you can find a 6x9s with 2 ohm coils. you don't need another battery to run the stuff you're planning.

Here is my feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ght=fasfocus00

"If you ain't cheatin', You ain't trying"

KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Will this work?

if its a two channel just pair the 6x9s to a channel.. 2ohm load that way

Ca.com

Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore

Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

Closed Thread