Closed Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Reload Thread: 4" 2 way?

  1. #1
    05_ZX636's Avatar
    05_ZX636 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    740
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    4" 2 way?

    I want to glass some speakers into my pillars by the windshield. I looked at the Rainbox KX100 and the SL100 series, ID CTX4, and the CDT CL-4EX. I had some CDT components in last car and sounded pretty good. I have a good bit of room for depth. Any suggestions on the rainbox and ID speakers, or others? Thanks

    Or i could do like the rest of the town does, mount about 20 horn tweeters inside my truck, in my grille, and facing out of all the windows. LOL



    2012 rs 9.0 scion xb, 2 obsidian audio 18's, skar audio 1500.1

    refs: Sold to: MYTrunkSlamz, Buck, reflecting




  2. #2
    Hoodlum007's Avatar
    Hoodlum007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: 4" 2 way?

    Can't go wrong with any of those brands. Rainbow looks like they make the higher quality 4" though.




  3. #3
    juicy_jj's Avatar
    juicy_jj is offline Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    st.louis
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 4" 2 way?

    You might also want to check out the focal 4inch comp setups. They sound pretty darn good.




  4. #4
    05_ZX636's Avatar
    05_ZX636 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    740
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Re: 4" 2 way?

    ok, thanks. I am doing my mounting rings this weekend and double checking the depth I have. May be able to squeeze a 5 1/4" speaker there. How would a set of components sound mounted there? Like mount mid low and the tweeter higher?



    2012 rs 9.0 scion xb, 2 obsidian audio 18's, skar audio 1500.1

    refs: Sold to: MYTrunkSlamz, Buck, reflecting

  5. #5
    SicAudio's Avatar
    SicAudio is offline did you fart dude?



    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    melting HO alts...
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: 4" 2 way?

    woofers ect has bad *** german hand made quart pkc110's in stock for like a ridiculous 99$ these speakers were over 600$ 10 yrs ago. I called my rep at maxxsonics and they said they would still honor the warranty if woofers was an authorized dealer ( but they aren't). I actually still have a set and i swear to god the midbass from them is comparable to a high end 6" midbass woofer in a small sealed box. and they are actually a high power coaxially mounted component with the huge bad *** musicomp x-overs. no one else I know of has ever made a 4" like these ever, the magnet assembly is bigger than most 6.5 components and they will take huge amounts of juice and are bi-ampable.

    I ordered 10 pair for my oldschool customers that know what they are from back then and resold them for 250 a pop.



    Quote Originally Posted by slammedincouch View Post
    Sic rolled me in front of my mom earlier...
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    How did you manage to pack that much stupid into such a small amount of words?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I got rick rolled by SicAudio lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I just got rick rolled by SicAudio again lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by chickaboom View Post
    awww.... dude! I can't believe you were the first! to rick roll me! I am a noob!
    sold to: Johnny Law.Lulz/Worstenemy453,Pumkinman, j1b1e1, DexterMoped, miyagi gboo559,CSU87,nate2587, MichaelLane, SmLLySack. MR_Imperial, Herrrerra, ltr450racer690, 05fronty bought from: TripleB45, bigwheel15, (kroid77 but never recieved..)
    helping noobs daily PM me

  6. #6
    05_ZX636's Avatar
    05_ZX636 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    740
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Re: 4" 2 way?

    i think i am just going to go ahead and get a set of CDT 4" components with the pro25 tweeter. When i had the 6.5" components they sounded pretty good in my honda, so might as well go with something I know sounds good.



    2012 rs 9.0 scion xb, 2 obsidian audio 18's, skar audio 1500.1

    refs: Sold to: MYTrunkSlamz, Buck, reflecting

  7. #7
    Hoodlum007's Avatar
    Hoodlum007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: 4" 2 way?

    Quote Originally Posted by SicAudio View Post
    woofers ect has bad *** german hand made quart pkc110's in stock for like a ridiculous 99$ these speakers were over 600$ 10 yrs ago. I called my rep at maxxsonics and they said they would still honor the warranty if woofers was an authorized dealer ( but they aren't). I actually still have a set and i swear to god the midbass from them is comparable to a high end 6" midbass woofer in a small sealed box. and they are actually a high power coaxially mounted component with the huge bad *** musicomp x-overs. no one else I know of has ever made a 4" like these ever, the magnet assembly is bigger than most 6.5 components and they will take huge amounts of juice and are bi-ampable.

    I ordered 10 pair for my oldschool customers that know what they are from back then and resold them for 250 a pop.
    link to speakers?




  8. #8
    Hoodlum007's Avatar
    Hoodlum007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: 4" 2 way?

    Quote Originally Posted by 05_ZX636 View Post
    i think i am just going to go ahead and get a set of CDT 4" components with the pro25 tweeter. When i had the 6.5" components they sounded pretty good in my honda, so might as well go with something I know sounds good.
    I am using a set of the same cdt comps in 6.5" in one of my cars and i am very pleased with they way they sound. The 4" comps should sound excellent as well.




  9. #9
    JimJ's Avatar
    JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    31,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Re: 4" 2 way?

    Hybrid L4s/L1s




  10. #10
    SicAudio's Avatar
    SicAudio is offline did you fart dude?



    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    melting HO alts...
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: 4" 2 way?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodlum007 View Post
    link to speakers?
    http://www.woofersetc.com/p994/PKC11...s-Speakers.htm

    http://www.woofersetc.com/p994/PKC11...s-Speakers.htm
    they will stomp alot of 6.5 components easily and they will take 100 rms all day. I ran 90 to mine on an old 80ss kicker amp.



    Quote Originally Posted by slammedincouch View Post
    Sic rolled me in front of my mom earlier...
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    How did you manage to pack that much stupid into such a small amount of words?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I got rick rolled by SicAudio lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I just got rick rolled by SicAudio again lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by chickaboom View Post
    awww.... dude! I can't believe you were the first! to rick roll me! I am a noob!
    sold to: Johnny Law.Lulz/Worstenemy453,Pumkinman, j1b1e1, DexterMoped, miyagi gboo559,CSU87,nate2587, MichaelLane, SmLLySack. MR_Imperial, Herrrerra, ltr450racer690, 05fronty bought from: TripleB45, bigwheel15, (kroid77 but never recieved..)
    helping noobs daily PM me

  11. #11
    528hz's Avatar
    528hz is offline Everything'sMiscellaneous



    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Space between Space in NM
    Posts
    4,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: 4" 2 way?

    I have the KX 100s. They blend great with my SLCs.

    They're in the lower rear part of each door. I have a coupe and they set right about at your ***.

    Took me forever to find them, but was well worth the wait.




Closed Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum