Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Multiple speakers

CadillacMatt is offline Disturbing the Peace

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon7 Multiple speakers

Hey all, know it's been a while but I have to ask for some advice guys.

After a few months of running my ID comps off of a bridged 4CH amp (150wRMS) dialed down to about 100wRMS, I got a wild hair up my *** and decided to run them off of one channel each. The output was about the same but the clarity is so much better! My Q's are still drowning out the highs though so I'm looking into multiple speakers...

I have my 6.5"s in custom door pods, and the tweets in the A-Pillars. I was going to put two Kenwood 5.25"s that I have in the rear sails (run off HU), maybe purchase a set of 4" speakers for the upper front doors(run off HU), which would leave me with an extra two channels on the Infinity to slap onto another set of co-ax speakers but I'm debating on where to put them...

The dash is out of the question because of the airbag, I have some real estate on the knee bolsters but that would leave the speakers downfiring... and I spent quite a bit of time on the door pods so I wouldn't want to re-do them to accomodate another set of speakers... any of you guys running multiple speakers have any ideas? Thanks!

References: S/T: garretpf, B/F: USMC7980(RoE), liljojo4711[/size]
    Car: 1995 Cadillac Sedan Deville
    Head Unit: Jensen VM 8113
    Fronts: Image Dynamics IDCTX65CS in custom door pods
    Front Stage Amp: Infinity Reference 475a
    Subwoofer: 18" Sundown Nightshade but no enclosure yet
    Electrical: Optima RedTop, KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0ga, Big 3, MechMan Rhino H/O 250amp alt
    Other: 100+ sqft SSA Damplifier Pro

eharri3 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Multiple speakers

Can you explain what exactly you expect each speaker set to do for your sound? Do you fully understand how to articulate what you're missing? You're talking about wanting more 'highs' and yet you want 5.25 in drivers in the rear sail panels and are talking about speaker positions and other ideas that will do absolutely nothing for you at those frequencies from your listening positions.

Re: whats some good components?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deathpenalty18
    Not an sq set up just want good sq speakers and tweets not interested in mids! And my sub is a fcking ia dp 18 with a memphis 4kw

Originally Posted by x1le
    mids ARE speakers.

A component set = pair of midwoofer's and a pair of tweeter's

and nobody cares what your sub is.

CadillacMatt is offline Disturbing the Peace

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Multiple speakers

Quote Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post
    Can you explain what exactly you expect each speaker set to do for your sound? Do you fully understand how to articulate what you're missing? You're talking about wanting more 'highs' and yet you want 5.25 in drivers in the rear sail panels and are talking about speaker positions and other ideas that will do absolutely nothing for you at those frequencies from your listening positions.
    It's pretty simple actually I want more volume from everything but the sub-bass. I am not building an SQ setup, I could care less about pinpointing where so-and-so is playing his guitar on a "virtual stage" I just need everything but the bass to be louder.

The components I have sound excellent, they have great tonal quality but they tend to get drowned out by the bass.

References: S/T: garretpf, B/F: USMC7980(RoE), liljojo4711[/size]
    Car: 1995 Cadillac Sedan Deville
    Head Unit: Jensen VM 8113
    Fronts: Image Dynamics IDCTX65CS in custom door pods
    Front Stage Amp: Infinity Reference 475a
    Subwoofer: 18" Sundown Nightshade but no enclosure yet
    Electrical: Optima RedTop, KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0ga, Big 3, MechMan Rhino H/O 250amp alt
    Other: 100+ sqft SSA Damplifier Pro

Closed Thread