Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Reload Thread: Rear Speakers Question

  1. #1
    x13alle12x's Avatar
    x13alle12x is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    OC, CA
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Rear Speakers Question

    Ok here is the deal. I am going to install some nice aftermarket components as my front stage. I drive a 4 door sedan and have been told to just make sure I spend a lot on the front stage and then just get cheap coaxials for the rear. I have a friend w/ the an extra set of midbass drivers that I can use. Question is it going to make a noticable difference between a midbass driver as opposed to going w/ coaxials in the rear??







  2. #2
    dman4486's Avatar
    dman4486 is offline Paid to Post



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central, SC
    Posts
    9,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rear Speakers Question

    Quote Originally Posted by x13alle12x View Post
    Ok here is the deal. I am going to install some nice aftermarket components as my front stage. I drive a 4 door sedan and have been told to just make sure I spend a lot on the front stage and then just get cheap coaxials for the rear. I have a friend w/ the an extra set of midbass drivers that I can use. Question is it going to make a noticable difference between a midbass driver as opposed to going w/ coaxials in the rear??
    you will only have midbass for rear fill.....passengers in the back will want to hear some highs



    Auto: 96 honda passport 3.2L v6 4X4 5sp
    Big 3 pics--THE MAV--THE RSD's--MY VLX
    Rices Creek Pics

    Refs: Sold to; lilmaniac2, alexdbest2000, jshak07 Bought from; CJL

  3. #3
    geowick07's Avatar
    geowick07 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,027
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rear Speakers Question

    Quote Originally Posted by dman4486 View Post
    you will only have midbass for rear fill.....passengers in the back will want to hear some highs
    Agreed.

    Although it all comes down to personal preference. Some are for rear fill; some are against. Get a cheap set of coax speakers ( if you like) and test the theory for yourself. Worst case scenario, you are out $XX.XX. You could always try to resell them!



    geo




  4. #4
    dman4486's Avatar
    dman4486 is offline Paid to Post



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central, SC
    Posts
    9,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rear Speakers Question

    or stick with the stock rears....tis what I did



    Auto: 96 honda passport 3.2L v6 4X4 5sp
    Big 3 pics--THE MAV--THE RSD's--MY VLX
    Rices Creek Pics

    Refs: Sold to; lilmaniac2, alexdbest2000, jshak07 Bought from; CJL

  5. #5
    x13alle12x's Avatar
    x13alle12x is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    OC, CA
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rear Speakers Question

    Quote Originally Posted by dman4486 View Post
    or stick with the stock rears....tis what I did

    They say stock rears will cause distortion from overpowering from the amp.




  6. #6
    x13alle12x's Avatar
    x13alle12x is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    OC, CA
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rear Speakers Question

    Quote Originally Posted by geowick07 View Post
    Agreed.

    Although it all comes down to personal preference. Some are for rear fill; some are against. Get a cheap set of coax speakers ( if you like) and test the theory for yourself. Worst case scenario, you are out $XX.XX. You could always try to resell them!



    geo

    You're right. I will try the midbass driver then if I dont like it. I will get a set of coax. Thanks dudes.




  7. #7
    eharri3's Avatar
    eharri3 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    philly
    Posts
    756
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rear Speakers Question

    Idunno if maybe rear door midbasses would detract from the 'up-front' bass impression at all, never tried it. But that's the first thing I would think. I prefer coaxials with some sort of natural roll-off and which are attenuated. I seem to find bad things happen at some frequencies when the speakers behind me play the same frequencies just as loudly as the speakers in front of me. To me rear speakers are there to create a reverbration effect for what comes from the front and improve the sense of space. With the exception of a properly tuned, non-localizable sub, the 'main' sound should come from in front.



    Re: whats some good components?


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deathpenalty18
    Not an sq set up just want good sq speakers and tweets not interested in mids! And my sub is a fcking ia dp 18 with a memphis 4kw


    Originally Posted by x1le
    mids ARE speakers.

    A component set = pair of midwoofer's and a pair of tweeter's

    and nobody cares what your sub is.

  8. #8
    MBrock4u's Avatar
    MBrock4u is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Granite City, Illinois
    Posts
    1,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rear Speakers Question

    I would have coax in the rear and turn the gains down on them.




  9. #9
    x13alle12x's Avatar
    x13alle12x is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    OC, CA
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rear Speakers Question

    HmmM.. I will try both. Just got my hands on some cheapie speakers. Got the midbass from some Focal 130h comps and MB coax dkd113 . Hope one of the two should do me proper.




Closed Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum